What's on my Copper Leafs?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

What is growing on my copper leafs.

On the red tail, it's very mottled, but on the dark red leaves of the other it looks like the leaves are very, very dusty.

Thank ahead of time.

Hap

Thumbnail by Happy_1
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

This is the other one.

Thumbnail by Happy_1
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I am stalking you, I don`t know what in the world that is but you have mail. I am waiting to hear from you impatiently. I left my phone #`s too, so please call or dmail me, better if you call, we can get this game thing working, i figured it out. You have to be logged into the website first.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hap can ya get a few more pictures of the leaves? Too hard to tell exactly. Looks like some cottny cushiony scale possibly on the second photo. You you see any aphids or mites on the stems or under the leaves?

What kind of conditions do you have it growing in? Have you had the plant a long time and this problem just now developing?

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

star,

I can see no bugs.
They are growing if full sun, for what that is this time of year here. Temp is 70-85.

The cat-tails I have had a long time and this is new for them.

The other has been in the ground here for a number of months, and now has just gotten craziness in it's head.!!!

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

The first one looks cultural. Have you sprayed with anything? How about fertilizers? They have burnt edges too....Doesn't look like insect damage or disease. I can't tell anything from the second photo. Too blurry....

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Have you sprayed any chem's in that area or on the plant. The first pic looks like a possible leaf scorch but with the end being totally white it makes me think possible chem damage. The clorophyll cells are totally gone. Usually see that with herbicide sprays.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

LOL Ceejay we thinking the same thing at the same time. : )

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

NO, no sprays. In fact, I a lax now about fertilizing.

You haven't sprayed with anything. And you haven't fertilized at all? Those edges sure look like feritlizer burn. Second choice - dessication from lack of moisture. Have you had any cold spells? That could account for the discoloration on the leaves...

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

CJ,

No spray.
No fert.

Have automatic sprinkler syster.
Cold spell. yes. and another one tonight. UGH....

It's probably the cold, for the new growth, down low, is fine.

Gee, you're a wonder. Thanks.

You're welcome. That makes a lot of sense if the lower foliage is OK. Is the second picture like the first - could it be the same problem or is it different? You do know about watering plants or at least making sure they don't need water before a cold snap, right?

We got down to 26 last night. Double ugh!!! We're having a real winter this year. And I'm tired of it. Shouldn't complain - up north is just unreal! I don't like cold.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

CJ,

Yeh, we just had a cold snap......about 50....lol

Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Nope, it's down to 45 right now.....Does that make you feel better? hehehe

The saving grace is there is not a cloud in the sky; not even fluff. Makes my heart sing.

Hap

Those clear skies are what makes it so cold! But I agree - it does make it more bearable, unlike up north where it is cold and gray too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.