Itching to be removed?

Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

Scott--where'd your "itching for a fight" thread go?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

yeah....don't tell me someone said something "wrong" or "political"...good grief.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Been wondering that myself.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well it wasn't ME! (this time)

The last post I saw was mine so I hope it wasn't me! It was a tongue - in - cheek remark but clearly meant to be humorous. I would feel very bad if that was the reason. If a post goes over the line, why not just remove the post?? It was a thought provoking thread - like it should be. Perfect example of how differing thoughts can be discussed and hopefully one gets to learn some points he or she was not aware of.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I think you would have been "notified"

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep. I was notified. "Itching for a Fight" is itching no more. I'm going to spend some time and see if I can come up with a kinder, gentler thread to start, perhaps one promoting the reintroduction of DDT to store shelves, or something like that.

Scott

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

lol

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Maybe title it "Itching for a phyte" :-)

Resin

Elburn, IL(Zone 5a)

So nobody saw my Planet of the Apes post?

Lombard, IL(Zone 5b)

Maybe it should be "Cruis'n for a bruis'n"

I disappear for a while and the apes have taken over. I didn't even have time to read all of that thread before it got yanked.

Willis

So you've been spending time with your new daughter instead of here at DG? Where are your priorities???

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I didn't see Kevin's post! I wish I had. I'm sure it was excellent.

Scott

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey, I was gone this weekend and needed to read aboput 30 more posts. NUTS!!!

Thornton, IL

Oh, we all just decided to plant more barberry *evil grin*!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Is Barberry a native or exotic?

Is it Groundhog Day again already??

Thornton, IL

Aw shaddup! LOL

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Aw, I miss the thread. I got busy at work for a couple of days and now I can't find out how it turned out!

The last I remember was a post, I think from prairie girl, about using natives in more formal settings - not prairie or woodland. Good topic for another thread, or will that one go bad on us?

The natives won but the exotics held their own and earned a rematch.

Thornton, IL

SPP - Why don't you start another thread, since apparently I caused the last one to blow up?! Please. :-p

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Done.

Thornton, IL

I'm not sure where to post this, but I wanted to set the record straight. The invasive yellow carpeting plant in our woods is not Lysimachia nummularia (creeping jenny) as I stated in that thread; it is Ranunculus ficaria (lesser celandine, or creeping buttercup).

It's probably still not a great idea to plant creeping jenny near the woods!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

That is a wicked plant...I can't get rid of it.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Well fudge. I had 5 mid finals to get through and didn't get to read it all. I'm not knowledgable to get in on the discusion on that thread, but was enjoying learning good and bad from both sides. Made ya stop and think.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

hey speaking of DDT, I was looking through a new chemical catalog and they had an old ad from the 60's for a rose dust that had DDT and lindane in it - in a powder formulation no less. Glad I wasn't in the business then.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
made ya stop and think
they made ya stop. LOL

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

When I started my last horticulturist-landscape manager job (circa 1991), there was a 55 gallon barrel of the by-then banned Dieldrin stored in my office.

And this was on a thoroughbred horse farm, where they didn't want the relatively benign things like Roundup and permethrin used.

Other fun things in that space included old bags of horse feed just swarming with mealworms (the floor literally moved); 2, 4, 5 - T; and one of the original chemicals used for termites that I can't remember the name of either but was banned by then.

So, somebody send around an email with the "banned substances" that terminated the last thread...

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

I've got an unopened gallon jug of chlordane. Bought it from the local hardware store. Saving it for the apocalypse. This was THE termite treatment in the 70's. Our's have never come back. Anyone know the true residual of this stuff? If the local EPA finds out I've got this stuff they would probably send out a HazMat truck. There is no legal way to dispose of it that I know of.

Just exactly what DID happen to cause the thread to be pulled? Cause, if I had been knowledgable enough to join in I probably would have stepped over the imaginary line.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Nothing I read (or, most certainly, wrote) seemed capable of getting the whole thing flushed. The one thing I didn't read was Kneevin's so-called "Planet of the Apes" post. I'm wagering that was the culprit.

Scott

Thornton, IL

Uh-oh, you probably just did. Not the 'a' word! Or was it the 'g' word? Or the 'e' word??

Sorry Scott, we cross-posted. Kneevin never did get to write it. Sadly, I flushed it with one of the above, according to conjecture.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 7:08 PM
Whoops!

This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 7:09 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.