I have spring fever/seed starting ready

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Have been to get grow plant stuff and am going to plant seeds this Friday. I am so wanting sunshine and warm westher. Not the stuff prodected for tomorrow.

Most of my coleus cuttings have died but my palms are growing great.
Have any of you started seeds yet?
Lavina

Raleigh, NC

Hey Lavina--I started mine today. Sick with my second (or is it 3rd??!!) cold and the family all down with stuff and at home. It was so pretty today I just got out a big mixing bowl and started mixing soil and planting seeds into peat pots right there on the kitchen counter! Just had to do it. Good therapy...now I have incentive to get well. Didn't plant much yet--just early garden stuff--spinach, lettuce, chard, beets etc, but it made me feel better. I usually wait and do the edibles directly into the soil, but this year I'm ahead of the game because of my spring fever. Ask me in August if I miss winter, though.......!

Lexington, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Lavina, yes, I started some of my seeds during the past couple of weeks and a lot more this past weekend. I'm tired of this below normal temperature, too! I have broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, head lettuce seedlings, with a second round of them just started along with summer squash. This weekend's seed planting included tomato, zinnias, morning glory, fuschia, eucalyptus cinerea, spider flower, and quite a few others. I have more I'll start some time during this next week. It's just too cold to start anything outdoors yet!

Grantsboro, NC

Hi Lavina,
Just wanted to say, SO DO I ! I just want to go out and buy everything I see basically and plant, but I know I have got to be patient because I don't want more cold weather to hurt anything by planting too soon.
P.S. I can't believe as many times as I visit this website, I just saw your email from last year ! Remember, we said we lived about two miles apart in Pamlico Co ?. From now on, I will be on the lookout for my emails on this site. :)

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Well there are 3 of us here. 2 live with in eye site of my place.
Rebecca Sunnybrook and I can't remember the other lady's nickname.
Met Rebecca when her and her hubby were walking to the beach front 2 weeks ago.
We will be down next week end again.

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.