Weight Loss Challange Feb 10th - 17th

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Ok, now the dates are correct so it won't be so confusing to everyone. I must have still been half asleep when I did that. I know I slept in late because of being up so late.

I'm having my supper now. We had 40 tonight at the cafe'. Best Saturday night for a very long time. The oldest daughter, Melissa, worked both the day and evening shift so she was really tired. I felt sorry for her. She tried to break in new shoes this morning and by the time she went home about 2 her feet were hurting badly. So she wore her old shoes for the evening shift and they made her feet hurt worse. Of course the floor is concrete and she isn't use to that many hours on it. Anyway, I'm having what I suppose would be called pan poached catfish with seasoned rice vinegar that tastes a lot like what LJS has. I cooked some snow peas until tender crisp and poured some of my Parkay spray over them and sort of stir fried some red sweet pepper, onion, garlic, and zucchini with lemon pepper marinate. All quite tasty. I did very well at work tonight. I didn't eat a single bite of fried foods. I did have 1/2 of a cinnamon graham cracker and about 3 TBLSP. of some mixed nuts - mostly sunflower kernels and dry roasted peanuts. No salt added to either. I don't know for sure if I got in my 64 oz. of H2O yet or not. But the day isn't over.
yet.

Elaine, are you continuing to improve or just maintaining with the shingles. The man you mentioned who has had them for 2 months concerns me. I would think he would be on steroids and other medications for them by now. Surely steroids would help calm them down. From what I have read that is a rather common treatment especially when shingles doesn't respond well to other treatments and hangs on that long.

Mollie, stay motivated and moving. You are doing great so far. I envy you and Elaine and some others who are growing veggies already. We are just getting rid of some of the ice and more snow is predicted early next week. I sure feel sorry for the folks in New York with all that snow. They are really having it hard this winter. I think in reality that we are just having a 'normal' winter for each section of the country and since we haven't had one for a long time we think it is abnormal. I remember lots of winters like this when I was a child and when the children were all growing up. It has only been mild like we now think of as normal the past 8 years at the most. We have been having zone 6 & 7 winters here in central MO for the past 3 - 4 years. Nowadays we are bombared constantly with warnings of global warming, 20 - 35 years ago we were hearing about a new ice age beginning. All the testing of nuclear weapons in the U.S. & Russia were suppose to be tipping the earth off its axis. And supposedly the culprit in both cases was, you guessed it, human beings and the way we are behaving in many ways.

Thinking of each of you as I head for bed. GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!