What gourds are you growing this year?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I grew speckled swan and birdhouse last year, I going to grow many different kinds this year... they'll cross breed, so the first year will be the only year they'll be true to form... but I don't mind. If I decide I like a certain one I'll just buy the seeds again next year...

So what gourds are you all growing? Pamsue posted that she's looking for gourd 'russian doll' in the Seed Trading Forum, I wonder if anyone had any for her, I don't have that kind... I've never heard of that type but I'm sure it has a few names.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm putting in some bushel gourds, small dipper gourds, and wine pipette gourds (thank you, Jo!) and some luffas on the side.

I have a bunch of birdhouse gourd seeds (when I order gourds from Amish Gourds they send me seeds as a bonus) and don't plan to plant them. If anyone wants any, send me a d-mail with your address! No charge -- just happy to pass them on.

Mesilla Park, NM

I think I'm going to try the mini-gourds (jewelery gourds), so far I've never had luck growing those, also Apple Bule , Large Apple, long handle dipper, maybe bushel and if I can get my hands on some speckled swan, those too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.