Just a little Note.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I am in Texas - but just over the river a little to OK, and I am an OK boy by heart. I focus mainly on Natives and garden standbys (Iris, Dls, zinnias, and the like). I am looking for a new forum with out all the tropicals that I see in the Texas forum.. so is there any interest in a Ok guy in TX near the border that likes - no loves, the standbys and natives?

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

Welcome MitchF! I am sure you will find many kindred spirits here. The tropicals are nice but too tender to do much with in this part of the country. Give me my iris, peonies and daylilies any day.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome Mitch!! We love everything but the natives and old standbys rule though.

(Zone 4a)

Welcome and nice to meet you.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks ya'll - I cannot wait to get into this new forum.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Why wait? Just jump right in!! LOL.

Welcome Mitch and jump on in like Pepper says!

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks - just trying to read around and get in on things here. Looks like a great fun loving group.

Mitch

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Welcome, Mitch. I'm like you, give me the natives and hardy to zone 5 or maybe even zone 4 plants just to be on the safe side. Come spring, you'll find plants to trade or get for postage on the plant trading forum and seeds likewise on seed trading forum. And some that will just be mentioned here on this one someone will have extra of.

As the into to this forum said it is hard to pin down just where the central midwest really is. Are we figuring north to south or east to west or maybe diagnally. There really are no boundries here. If you feel as tho you fit in then you do.

GOD bless and keep you and yours.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks leaflady - already feel very welcome here in this forum.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

HI Mitch, Glad to see you up here in Okie land. LOL
I am still stuck on the border and its a long way to a plant swap regardless of which way I travel.
No spring roundup or plant swap unless I go to college station or all the way up to MO.

This message was edited Feb 13, 2007 12:17 PM

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I hear you Ted... even then there are a lot of plants I cannot grow here. Are we going to have the Tx/Ok round up we have had in years past? I missed the last one and to me it would be better the the all Texas thing with sooo many plants I cannot grow here.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

I hope to have the Texoma Roundup mybe next year. They have closed down the Lodge for building a new one.
Some private outfit bought it from the state and are tearing down the old one. The Park is still open but a place to stay would be in short supply.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

To bad ... it would be great this year to have one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.