daily pics - page 2

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ever see a Kinglet's tongue before? lol

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yummy sweet nectar!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Robin gobbled up most of the mealies today...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Waiting her turn on a nearby branch..

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

One more of Orange-crowned Warbler with a mealie..

:-S Deb

Marlton, NJ

So cute deb!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Great set of photos, Deb - you had a lot of visitors today!

Maysville, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks Deb.......looks like Mr. Hawk was there for a reason....Jay

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks gang!
Yep Jay, they always come for a fast food meal..Several different hawks, and it is a regular drill. If they actually get a bird I don't usually notice it, unless I catch them eating one on the fence or see the evidence. They have to eat too. :-). I sure hope my injured Dove recouperates.
Deb

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh and Pelle,
That White headed Fince is amazing... What have you found on them in terms of research info? I did some looking and turned up very little.

Deb

Marlton, NJ

deb, I used to remember the name for this but it completely escapes me at this time. Just glad to see her still growing strong and that the white head has not brought her to an early end.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is a link from Britain that talks about the different types of albinism that can effect birds. I think the one you posted above is an example of partial albanism. This can to birds as they age (kind of like humans getting grey hair) or it can be caused by a nutritionaly defficient diet at some point in their lives. I bet Resin wold be able to tell us more about this.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/watchingbirds/id/albinism/albinism.asp

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi again! I hope you all don't mind if we start another daily pics thread. Its getting slow again. Yahoo - we have so many great pictrues to share! Keep tham coming!

Here is the Daily pics 3:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/693611/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.