Minerva!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

She's in bloom now, just took this:

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, she's a looker! A lot of these Hippies look so similar. I believe 'Clown' resembles 'Minerva'? I also see your Tillandsia peeking out from behind the scape. :) Nice purple bloom. What's her name? I think I remember you buying a whole slew of Tills one Christmas not long ago???

GH

Nice memory GH! Most of those died, that tillandsia is a bulbosa and that flower spike has been there quite a while, it's not doing much at all.

I have a "Pink floyd" about to bloom finally. I got her last year but she didn't bloom. There are 2 flowers on it this year. Today or tomorrow they should open then I'll post a photo or 2!

Tom

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm waiting with anticipation! I remember when you bought 'Pink Floyd'. Is it a mini like 'Lemon Lime'? My LL did not bloom this year. She seemed to struggle to even make/keep leaves. The bulb is so small. So now I'm waiting patiently for a n ew leaf that's beginning to form.

Sorry for the delay, busy here and the storm today killed me. Got a few pics yesterday, tomorrow I'll try to remember to post them. The Floyd flowers are narrow and don't open wide the most amaryllis flowers. It only produced 2 flowers but at least it's better than none! Nice flowers! My bulb is small also, flower stalk is tall, about 2-3 feet. My lemon lime didn't bloom this year either.

Tom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.