Anyone happen to see report on bacteria on Purses ?

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I was watching news this evening and they had a report on how dirty women's purses are.

OH MY Gosh !!!!!! It was awful !.. They did bacterial cultures on something like 10 different women's purses that worked there at the TV station and they ALL had horrible amounts of bacteria. Many many different kinds, and lots of kinds that can make you very sick.

This makes perfect sense though. We take our purses everywhere, sit them in the floor of our cars, on the counters at stores, in baskets at the market (where soiled diapers have sat)......... and some women put them on the floor in public bathroom stalls.

I've always been aware they were pretty dirty.......but I had no idea they were as bad as the bacterial growth that they found. I never, never set mine on the kitchen counter or table.

Same thing with rings of keys.................... they're loaded with nasties too.

Anyone care to share their ideas for cleaning these nasty necessities ? I'd like to throw them into the washer with my sneakers, but don't think they'd come out too good. LOL

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!