Merengue in bloom.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Full bloom today and look at that giraffe neck!

Thumbnail by boojum

Closer. I found this bulb locally in a 'Papillio' bin. Whoopsie! What a great find! Pretty rare cybister. Veronica Read herself IDed it for me.

Thumbnail by boojum
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I bought this one as Papilio too as a loose bulb, and what a nice surprise it turned out to be!

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Boojie, that is *astounding*!!!

I cannot believe that lovely *tall* beauty! Oh, be still my heart!

Do measure that thing. I'm dead to know. 3 feet easily!

Not 3'. 25" from base to flower and 29" from base to top of flowers, Robert. The thin stalk makes it appear taller. (I'm dedicated-had to go out to the freezing woodshed to get the ruler.)

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Wowsers!

It'll keep growing even though it's in bloom. So maybe in a coupla weeks it'll hit that three foot mark......

Thanks for braving the chill to measure it. It's pretty darn cold down here in 7b tonight and I *know* it's colder there!

Stay in now. It's too cold to be running in and out!

R.

No problem, I'll stay put!

Thumbnail by boojum
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, what a flower! I like the plant support. Where did you get it? Also the clay pot is a good idea. I use plastic pots, which want to fall over when the stalk gets that tall, and I end up with dirt all over the carpet. I think that I am going to have to switch to clay.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 6:49 AM

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 6:50 AM

I collect taller clay pots if I see them for my hipps. These were expensive but I'm glad I bought 4 when I found them. They are 10" tall.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 8:44 AM

Thumbnail by boojum
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I am loving it! I too am looking for tall clay pots. If I can get a mess at wholesale, I will let you know and we can share. I have a friend on the hunt. My big news is that I am now able to be on a stationary bike and riding like the wind. Well, Mr Armstrong wouldn't be intimidated, but the knee is definitely on the mend. Patti

Holy Moley! Mine is almost as tall too!

Thumbnail by

My striatum (Grandma Dora, Robert) and Merengue got me into this mess.
Patti, go girl!

Merengue is in bloom again here.

Thumbnail by boojum
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW! Amazing!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, I am in love, truly. It could go to the top of the list of my 'wanted' plants. I love the stair backdrop. It gives it a suitable backdrop that is very exotic. Thanks, Patti

Some of my cybister blooms are delicate but Merengue holds its own. Thanks for liking this shot, Patti. Having some fun here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.