Thrift Store Bedroom Decor

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

My specialty is Shopping. I love going to thrift stores. You just never know what kind of treasures you will find.

Both my father and my father in law were overseas in the Air Force 30+ years ago. Both of them brought back nice things from the Philipines and Japan. Several years ago I began collecting things that would compliment some of these items.

Here is our master bedroom.

Pillows on the bed (front to back):
Asian Pillow - Goodwill - 99 cents
Black & White Pillow Cases - Goodwill - 99 cents each
Red Dragon Pillows - hand made by me with half off fabric from a store closing sale Less than 10$ total (including 2 waybigo pillows from Goodwill)
Big Paisley Pillows with Black Trim - Goodwill $2.99 both cases, $2.99 both pillows (found same day)
Flannel King Pillow Cases (we use these) Goodwill - 99 cents each
Center Back Pillow & Pillows on the little "fainting couch" - Came from the Philipines

Rust Duvet - Goodwill $6.99

Fainting Couch - Salvation Army - $10
Rust Colored Valance - used as slip cover - Goodwill - 99 Cents

Painting over the bed - Treasure House $15.00

Copper/Brass Shield - Treasure House - $25.00 (Had an original art certificate with price of $450 on the back of it)

Curtains - Handmade by me. Same store closing sale - Fabric & trim - less than $12.00

More of the room and close-ups of treasures will follow.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 94 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!