Ty Ty nursery

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

Does anyone have feedback on this nursery? My sister wants to order from them, but they have disappeared from the garden watchdog. I told her they had horrible feedback in the past. I was wondering if anyone has information about them? Thanks

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

This was discussed briefly in the spring roundup thread. Soulgardenlove has info to share. Seems that the mail order business at TyTy is horrible - bad customer service, etc. Over 90 negatives on the watchdog thread until they (tyty) demanded to be removed from Daves.
Tell your sister to beware.
Liz

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

I was wondering what had happened to them. I'll let my sister know-I know she won't be ordering from them now. Thanks for the help, and nice to meet a fellow 7b gardener. Judy

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

How could they 'demand' to be removed from the Watchdog? anybody know? That seems wrong - people here on Dave's need to know... Watchdog does not list just the best ones...

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

That does seem strange. We do need to know about every company. I found them on ripoffreport.com a few minutes ago also listed as Aaron's Bulbs and Patrick's, neither of which is on the watchdog. When you call the number for them on the internet site they answer the phone "nursery".

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

They were threatening litigation, which Dave could not afford.

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

that's a good point sterhill. Why bother writing a review if it cannot be read by all? They got 90+ negatives? That must be a record. I never read the reviews myself -- maybe they got a little heated and the folks at tyty threatened a lawsuit - harm to their "reputation." You know what a litigious society we live in...

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

That tells you a lot about the company. I have another question. I've never grown very many things from seeds and recently received a catalog from Select Seeds. They have 100% rating on the watchdog, and I was wondering if any of you have personally ordered from them? I was wondering about the germination success rate?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, we can all understand that is a big stick - but it looks like people who have bought from them and had bad service should be allowed to post. Truth and freedom of speech, you know. But a lawsuit is a bad thing for everybody concerned. Lawyers are so expensive regardless of who is right.

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

You know, I wonder if the ty ty folks have learned anything from the Daves experience other than getting angry and threatening a lawsuit? I may be a glutton for punishment, but I may just try to order something from them to see how things go and then add a review to watchdog. That's another question - are we premanently banned from commenting about ty ty in watchdog??

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

I doubt they've learned anything, but it's a thought to order and then post a comment-just to see what happens.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

One of the forums is called Dave's Garden... and you can ask things over there...

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/689128/ check it out

Editor's note: The DG forum is accessible only to paid subscribers of Dave's Garden.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

hey yall... Sorry, I wasn't watching this thread.

this issue turns me into a crusading DG'er and it is very upsetting that innocent consumers don't have anything to go on and fall into the trap of buying there. I know Dave must be tired of me not letting the issue rest, but I can't. I was very disappointed when all the 90+ negative feedbacks were removed due the the owner supposedly threatening to sue. Now that Daves has been sold, one of the benefits he listed was not having the fear of lawsuits.. I suspect since now a larger corporation owns DG.. So I once again asked the question about putting the feedback back up and I was ignored. I later asked if my question was going to be answered and Dave said for everyone to ask individual questions in its own thread and then Terry gave her remarks and shut that thread down to any more replys. It really is a question of doing what is right for DG subscribers, potential buyers and not CYA out of fear that someones full of hot air. Terry previously said she had heard he might have graduated as an attorney... not true..

Oh, and BTW, if the Ty Ty people are reading this review after doing a search of your name, If Dave wont, I will let everyone I know not to do business with you after what you've done to so many people. I wish I had copied the negative feedback before it was remved and posted in my person website.

Here is my first thread about them http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/578443/
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/578443/

And most recently, I brought up the following in this thread http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/687588/
my messages and the one at the bottom from Terry. The thread can not be posted to any longer.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3132004
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3138653
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3139036

Susan

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for all the information. I've seen this company for the last several years and have thought about ordering from them at times but I'm glad I haven't after reading all of the bad press.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Twinklingstar,

I've ordered from Select Seeds and so far everything has germinated fine.

~Sunny

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Wow, I wondered what the TyTy controversy was over but hadn't heard til I happened on this thread. Thanks for passing the word around. Sure sounds like a crummy company..."stop letting people say bad things about us or we'll sue you!" *Shakes head and rolls eyes*

Oh, I've ordered from Select Seeds for many years and it's always perfect!

GGG

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info on Select Seeds. I'll be sure and order from them. And soulgardenlove, thanks for continuing the info on tyty.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ohhhhhhh Now I know why they just answer the phone "nursery".

All the followign companies are out of the same location. Beware.

Other companies listed at the same location in Ty Ty are:
Aaron's Bulb Company
New South Nursery
Aristotle Willis Company
Plantation Bulb Company

Blackberry Plant Nursery
African Amaryllis Bulb Nursery
Apple Tree Nursery
Bunch and Seedless Grape Vine Nursery
Pecan Tree Nursery
Tree Nursery
Aaron's Bulb Farm(part & parcel of TyTy) also does business as:
Aaron's Amaryllis & Canna Bulb Farm Nursery
Arron's Flower, Tree, and Shrub Nursery
Arron's Nursery with other listings
Aaron's Bamboo Nursery
Aaron's Daffodil Nursery
Aaron's Leucojum, Tuberose, and Eucomis Nursery
Aaron's Allium Nursery
Aaron's Clivia Nursery
Aaron's Agapanthus Nursery
Aaron's Elephant Ear Nursery
Aaron's Ariod Nursery
Aaron's Iris Nursery
Aaron's Ginger Lily Nursery
Aaron's Hymenocallis Nursery
Aaron's Crinum Lily Nursery
Aaron's Banana Tree Nursery
Aaron's Perennial Nursery
Arron's Fruit Nursery
Apple Tree Nursery
Blackberry Nursery
Blueberry Nursery
Fig Tree Nursery
Grape Vine Nursery
Pecan Tree Nursery
Peach Tree Nursery
Persimmon Tree Nursery
Plum Tree Nursery
Citrus Tree Nursery
Pear Tree Nursery

Someone should call them and ask what business they have reached :)

Susan

This message was edited Feb 5, 2007 6:12 AM

Zebulon, GA(Zone 7b)

WOW! I can't believe they go under so many names. I'll be sure and keep a copy of the info. Thanks, Judy

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I Googled fruit trees, and TyTy came up.
I was chocked to see how they advertise their product; women with large breasts holding fruit in their hands, very suggestive, completely unnecesary, vulgar and beside the point!
I didn't buy from them because of this, and the website is crammed full, seems to me they are hiding something, just a hunch...
I want to see the plants, not promiscuous women with fruit in their hands!

Christie

This message was edited Sep 22, 2007 10:28 AM

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

check this out; our collegues on another forum;
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/south/msg031557199110.html?29

I had to go find that picture after you mentioned it. Not sure what large breasted women ( Is it the one holding several pears?) you were talking about and how do you she is promiscuous?

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I worded it wrong, the way it is linked to "fruit" is promiscuous. What do breasts and fruit have to do with one another?

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I worded it wrong, the way it is linked to "fruit" is promiscuous. What do breasts and fruit have to do with one another?

this is the picture; here to promote 'giant persimmon fruit'

Do we NEED this?

Thumbnail by mrs_colla

Good thing they weren't advertising cantelopes.

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

haha, you are right!!!!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

or..can you imagine...watermelons????

I also find this kind of advertising very unneccesary sexual. The large majority of the buying public doesn't even think about it, unfortunately.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Maybe it was a buy one get one free offer :)

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

lol Still not buying.

Mcdonough, GA(Zone 7b)

I can remember my mother saying many years ago not to order from them. She'd been burned.

Is it so hard to do business in a decent manner?

I'm offended by the overtly sexual sales pics, too. Not much offends me, but it is just so out of place! A half-naked man in the satsuma patch holding out a handful? Doesn't make much sense. I'm far from opposed to half-naked men, but there is a place for such, and the satsuma patch just ain't it! lol

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9b)

I didn't subscribe to DG until after this thread started so there are two things here that are news to me:

1- TyTy threatening a lawsuit

and

2 - DG was sold?

Who was DG sold to?

As for the lawsuit threats, I wish Dave had been able to resist it a little longer. Companies often use these threats to get their way even though they wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court. But if everyone caves before it gets to court, the bad guys never have to clean up their act.

It was because I read the numerous reviews on Ty Ty in the Garden Watchdog that I changed my mind about ordering from them. And that's precisely what the Garden Watchdog is supposed to be for.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I hope this will catch everyon's eyes who are looking to order.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.