SSAWG Conference

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I posted this on another thread, but I think it was important enough to post on a few more.

I have just returned from a four day SSAWG (Southern Sustainable Agricultural Working Group) conference in Louisville, KY. There were approximately 1200 attendees and what an awesome time. There were so many talks and I learned so much, I just can't tell how rewarding this was. I'm not sure where next year's will be, but if you can make it, you should try to go. DH and I were able to get scholarships for most of the conference (we did have to pay for an all day course and a field trip), but they also gave us 2 nights at the Galt House...very ritzy place. Some meals were included, most weren't, but we had enough time to find a place at the hotel or go off on our own and eat.

We met so many tremendous people, all of us having the same general interests and it was amazing. People came from as far away as Oregon, California and as close as Louisville.

I would totally encourage you to look up their site [HYPERLINK@www.ssawg.org] and get involved.......what a working group of people and I'm in for the longhaul now.

:) Kathy
BTW, reading all about everyone's flowers gardens here on DG encouraged me to take the one day cut flower course.....I learned a lot, but boy is there a lot to learn. I found out that if I ever thought vegetable growing was hard, flower gardening is twice as tough.......but very rewarding. I wore my Dave's Garden T shirt one day and had several people ask me "What is Dave's Garden?" :) Of course, I told them about our family and gave them the website. Dave, I think you need to go to this next year and give a talk on Dave's Garden.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!