giant formosa lily bulb

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Anyone have any experience with these? I saw a couple online for $8 plus s/h - anyone know if this is a decent price on these? And how's what's your thoughts on the scent? Thanks all!!

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Ive tried them from seed a few times but I never got them to flower. I wouldn't mind trying a bulb...Was it $8 for one bulb? I think there was a thread in the lily forum about these a good while back I see if I can find it.
Caren

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Caren!! No it was for 2. Apparently they are hardy - I was wondering about the scent and the price. i.e. how good is the scent...LOL. Can't ever have enough good smelling stuff right? LOL

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

LOL! I hear ya! There is a thread about formosalilys in the lily forum but it is just a show and tell no info on scent was given but I bet there would be someone in that forum that would have your answers. I wish I could help more!
Caren

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

No worries...thanks for responding!! :)

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have them and they have a light smell. It's nice but not like a Stargazer, for example.

They are super easy to start from seed, too. I wintersowed some last winter and had blooming plants this past summer.

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I was thinking maybe mine didn't like the heat but Im now pretty sure thats not the case if yours bloomed in GA. I may have to give it another try

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Eveyone;
The world "Formosa" make my heart rate sped up. LOL, I wished I could smell the flower, but I wasn't so fortunate. Last winter while touring an avid gardener here locally, I saw this Formosa Lily with the biggest stalk and hovering overhead, like 9-10 feet tall. They were loaded with seed pods. I'm very interested in getting some bulbs, the price mentioned sounds very reasonable, would you kindly share more info. where I can order some of these?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Lily - you can do a search for it here on DG and it should have vendors listed. I saw it listed on Ebay...which would be another option.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Chantell.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.