Misty Trumpet

Mobile, AL

My first bloom from this one, and it is so much prettier than I expected!

2 scapes, and it looks like there are four blooms on each scape.

Thumbnail by HSteacher
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Good to see that Hsteacher!

I thought it was a pretty one but you're right, it is much better than expected!

Vossner has got one in bud, I have one just starting to bud, so we will be able to compare.

Mobile, AL

I have a feeling it might have more color if there was more light. Our weather has been really dreary and overcast, but hopefully some of the future blooms will occur during sunny days. I don't know if that will make a difference. I did manage to get this pic without a flash because we had a little late afternoon sunshine. Unfortunately, that will be gone tomorrow.

This one is in my patio and only gets a little morning sun. Still, what you see is what I see with my own eyes, so I am pleased with the picture.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I don't know teach, the one I saw today looked just like yours and yes it had 4 flowers. It is magnificent.

Mobile, AL

Thanks! I think so, too!

I wonder why it is not more popular?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

isn't it new?

Mobile, AL

I don't know whether it is new or not, but perhaps it is just now available?

I am anxious to see how it does outside in our wet, humid and sometimes, rather... often HOT environment.

Oh Boy! I've got two of these with buds! Beautiful!
Thanks so much for posting. Great photo!
Now I know what to expect... :-0

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Yes I picked up one of these this year. The photos I've seen on here are much better than any I've seen on the net. It's a beauty!

Mobile, AL

The bloom is not as open today as it was yesterday. This may be the nature of the bloom or it could be because our nights have suddenly dropped to below 40 degrees outside and the temps in my patio were barely over 50 this morning. It is cloudy and overcast, very humid. The colors are still brilliant and the pollen is definitely ripe now.

There is a second bloom with the exact same coloration starting to open.

I sure hope this one is easy to grow in my climate. It is quite different than any other hippi that I have in my collection.

I adore it, and it seems I am truly falling for the more miniature blooms.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is my 'Misty' that opened this morning. It's a bulb that I got last winter, and it thrilled me then, too. I really love it, and it reminds me more of the species type amaryllis that my mom got from her neighbor. He had them growing in the yard at his place in Florida.

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Here is the same bulb from last year. It looks a little different, because this year's picture was taken with a flash, and last year's wasn't.

Thumbnail by kbaumle
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

It's good to see them looking much the same. Looking close to the species is why I like it, those dark red filaments are wonderful!

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

This one is going on my list. I love the red filaments with the yellow pollen!

R.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.