Please share your favorite grass pics?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I would like to venture into a few good grasses. Could you please post a few pics and show how you use them in your landscape. I am in zone 6.

A grass newbie,
Teresa

Great South Bay, Lon, NY(Zone 7a)

This is one of my favorites from last year. The 12' boat is filled with Pennisetum orientale along the nearside, and Tridens flavus in the bow. You can just see a few rods of Salix alba 'Britzensis' behind the Pennisetum.

Thumbnail by donn

Here's a flowering Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose' in front of a clump of varied Hibiscus moscheutos:

Thumbnail by donn

On the other side of the Hibiscus, are Miscanthus sinensis 'New Hybrids' and Lagurus ovatus:

Thumbnail by donn

This is a blooming Miscanthus sinensis 'New Hybrids' on a breezy day in August, with early morning sun:

Thumbnail by donn
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I love the boat planting. Very unique. Is that some type of bunny tail grass in the picture above your last one? I am interested in small to medium size grasses first.

Yes. Lagurus ovatus is an annual grass with Bunny Tails or Hare's Tail as common names.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Donn
Just want to say that I love grasses too. But I Really like that Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose' ....
Pauletta

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.