Where's everyone

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I can'r believe that is been almost 2 days and no new posts in the Michigan forumn
It;' sure too cold to be outsideThe wind chill is about 6 degrees

Paul

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm here!, ! I've been wondering the same thing. Sun is out here, but still too cold to play outside.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

I am here too...yep pretty day if one is in the house..toasty..hehehe....Just been checking in all day on what is going on in DG..hehehe...sure are a lot of posts over there..and..I am in a coop..for the ferns..wowow..that is something..for sure...Glad I did not start that coop..my gosh...not enough room in my house for sure..lol....

KKKKK...all stay warm and safe...Cocktail hour..now..hehehe---heres to yeah...smiles..

Diana

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Spending the last few days at Tawas. Dad had eye surgery yesterday and today was follow up. Been going to his house 3 times a day to put drops in his eyes. he can now put them in himself. Next week it will be the same routine. They say he will only be needing reading glasses in about a month. Then there will be no holding him back.. I hope I am as healthy as him,when I make 83.
Our outside wood furnace has been keeping my greenhouse in the mid 40`s at night . I have the thermostate set on 40 for now.
Aleta

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yesterday was daymeins 10th bd i was busy and today i was in chat all morning and then started cleaning!
im always here in the mornings!

someone say cocktail!!!!

I'll take a hot toddy....(I'm cold)

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Cold here too,just throw some logs on the fire,light some candles,mix a pitcher of Margaritas to share with a good friend!!!Makings for a toasty evening..................

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Gosh Loretta..sounds like a romantic night..hehehe...going to watch shows tonight..Margaritas..sound good..whats for snacks? hehehe...brr cold...yep a fire sounds good..heheh last time we had a fire..the furnace went out..haha...Not sure why..though.. Maybe I will pop some popcorn...sounds good..

KKKKK all enjoy....smiles..coming your way...

Diana...

Hey there Rockey you & Rockey 2 are invited...we'll have lots of fun...No popcorn but veggies & dips,maybe a pizza from Mickeys...ever get one of theirs???LOL..The last 2 from Clementes were burnt!!!Yuck...I'll D-mail in the morning to tell you about your *ROCK*..LOL!!!

Gotta keep warm,right????

Edited cause I can't spell!!!

This message was edited Jan 25, 2007 6:12 PM

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I have been in and out of DG on and off all day.. In chat for a while... Then got up and did some more winter sowing... BRRRRRR it's cold out... gonna go soak in a HOT tub and relax then may go to bed...

Dem a fire sounds nice, can't wait till DH puts our fire place in...

You all have a great night...

Dori since I don't drink, you can drink one for me ;o)

Night all, Connie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi I'm still kind of new but I'm still here also to tired from work to think, but a toddy dose sound good.to cold to do much of any thing but dream about spring

Algonac, MI

I'm here every day...I just ain't gotta lot to say most often. 'been busy watching my maters grow in the kitchen window, transplanted one today and I start my artichokes tomorrow.
Later!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Well its snowing here again its pretty but Ive had enough!
Hazardous Weather Outlook -Winter Weather Advisory-good grief
Did you see harbor beach 12in of snow in 3hrs-got to love that lake effect snow!

So whats everyone thing about the great lake loons baseball team?
Have you seen the new stadium-impressive
First home game April 13- a little to cold for me,but i want to go to a summer game and maybe a night game if they have them!!!
There will be a lot of new jobs opening up there, i think it will help the economy up this way!

Man the snow is coming DOWN!

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

The snow quit coming down already!! Lotsa white flaky stuff..I'm guess about 2 1/2 inches in my neck of the woods (Hampton Twp).

I was at WallyWorld this morning and they have a black metal rack on sale for $29, it's 4 shelves and 36 inches wide. I'm thinking of making my own growlight/plant rack... just have to find 36 inch lights!!

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

We have about 4 inches on the ground.
I am still thinking spring.Have all my containers in the greenhouse for wintersowing.I will just have to put them outside by the greenhouse,
when they are sowed.
This pic is from the pontoon on AuSable Pond last August.The paper said today ,they have counted 138 swans on the Ausable river last week
It was sure fun last fall watching all the babies, learning to fly.

Aleta

Thumbnail by AFDolly

Sun is shining here!! But it's not warm by any means!! Made a quick run to the store and now I need to put the stuff away. Plus I'm reading a great book on a little boy that is autistic...very interesting. I need to look in the freezer for some chocolate...bbl

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm here. It's been snowing to beat the band all morning here in AuGres. Not sure how much we have.......at least a few inches I'd say. I need to get dressed and trudge out to the road to get the mail. I've been listening to the radio and there are tons of accidents on the roads. I'm not going anywhere. Hubby is a trucker and was on his way to Gaylord this morning. I hope he gets there and back to Detroit and can get up here by tonight.

Mom's 91st birthday was on the 24th. We celebrated last weekend though and took her out to eat. This morning I gave her a perm and she's snoozing in her recliner now. It's just a lazy day. I love to watch the snow as long as I don't have to get out in it.

We've been putting out several bales of alphalfa and corn for the deer down by the pond. My thinking is if I feed them far far away from my flower beds they'll stay down there and not eat my perennials. :) So far it's working. They sure are hungry. We'll have to get them some more food this weekend. I like to watch the deer. Lots of little ones.

It got down to -2 degrees last night and was only 14 when I woke up this morning. Not sure what the temp is outside now. I am waiting for my son to come over and plow the driveway for me.

Stay warm everyone and enjoy the winter wonderland.

Think spring!!

Oh..........and I think it was really nice of that baseball team to name themselves after me. Ha ha ha

Brenda Looney (AKA LOON)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I've been spending my time keeping tabs on a calla co-op. I know I'm crazy with having more bulbs to over winter, but I really would like to get some at a good price and have Calla cuttings in my house this summer!!!!

I can't 'Thing Spring' till March, otherwise the winter just goes way to slow for me. I keep telling myself it is 'Autumn' for months, and then winter for only Jan and Feb, then Spring is right around the corner in March (although I can not consider March as winter because of phsycological reasons :o) , I can't consider it spring, so it is 'a right around the corner month'. LOL)

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

Boy, I'm thinking spring!! It's almost Feb. Hurray!!
I have started some Brug seeds this week! I'm sure missing playing in the garden!!
Stay warm, inside, everyone and enjoy looking out at the snow!!
Bonnie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I went out to feed the birds and it was COLD! I sure hope we SNAP out of this soon!
Its snowed most of the weekend off and on
I made a BIG pot of homemade chicken noodle soup-rolled out the noodles!!! Kids love it
Haven t done much today,played with the kids,laundry,school work and cooked.
Just darn chilly in here,want to cuddle up under a blanket
Last night i watched the movie "The Illusionist" its a good movie! My son told me to watch it!
Its a love story :)

***loons named after Brenda-LOL
***Sharon those co-op's are the greatest arent they! :)
Im glad they will be staying here at daves!

I guess i need to go fold some laundry and get the boys taking their showers for school!
laterz/stay warm

Lots of snow coming down here..it sure looks pretty tho....Metro Airport is delayed,hope no one was planning a trip..Keep warm & think Spring....its coming trust me!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

No snow here the sun is shining only 7 degr. though. Happy birthday Paul !

Pretty, fluffy flakes here==making the roads greasy!! I'm staying home, sitting in my chair, watching the birds and playing on the computer...my little piece of heaven. Once Feb comes....spring will be just around the corner!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

still no snow hear its 26 now wnet to town (Sanford) now I'll repot my A. violet have a grate day I love my days off. G.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

It in the teens here,no snow and lots of sunshine!!
Im going to go play with my Grand daughter Elizabeth, but thought id stop to say hello.
OH!!!! I already flipped my calender to February!!(thinking spring)

heres my sugar marie!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

what a doll Both of my grand daughters live out of state one in N.Y. state and one in Montana I wish thay lived here

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I only have Elizabeth and her baby brother Alexander-here they are together

Thumbnail by notmartha
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

What a downer the other day. I was planting some of the seeds I bought from Thompson and Morgan ... and they were not cheap! Well, I opened my packet of 'Phantom' Delphiniums and there were NO seeds in it. :o( I immediately called them. I just got my new packet today ... the first thing I did was shake the packet. LOL Yep, there are seeds in it, they won't get planted till tomorrow though.

Oh, and my geraniums from seed are 'LOOKING GOOD'.

We finally have snow cover, 2 or 3 inches. The birds are just consuming all the seed I put outside.

The grandkids are beautiful by the way.
Love reading everone's posts.
sharon

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Sharon

I've ordered from T&M a couple of times.
I wasn't happy with their seeds, I won't order again.

The same with Jungs I didn't care for their seeds.

Paul

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

not martha I have 12 grand kids there wonderful mostly boys age 9-25

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The grandkids pics are just adorable. I bet they are the star flowers in your garden!!

Dearborn, MI

I'm around to, but only until tomorrow when I leave for Florida for 3 weeks. Rotten weather here, but a tornado touched down about 3 miles from the condo we're staying at in Florida over the weekend.
When we get back, growing will start for real. Between my own seed starting and all the perennial for the Belle Isle sale, it'll be busy. Then there's the stuff I mail ordered. Especially excited about the plants coming for my xeriscape garden at the cottage.
New to grandmother, but loving it. One 4 month old grandson.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Have a great time Nancy. We're leaving o the 26th for 5 weeks,can't wait.

Paul

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Nancy and Paul, hope you have a nice time in Florida, please don't think of us here in cold, snowy Michigan. :o)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yes have lots of FUN in the sun!

i have been busy running the co-op! wowzerz
to cold to go outside still

My son arrives any second from Vegas!!

I'm here...just freezing my hinney off!! Snowed off and on all day = roads that were semi clear, now have a slick coating on them! They are saying it will stay this way until mid March...Oh woe is me....I'm not sure I can take it that long!

The only bright spot is that we have a new Gbaby coming any day. We're on call to watch the other DGS as DS will be staying the entire time at the hospital with the new little one. Is that crazy or what?? Never heard of that before. But I'm keeping my mouth clamped shut and will just go with the flo!!

We've had a red tail hawk or a coopers hawk buzzing around all day. It just came and sat on the fence close to the house. What a magnificent bird.

Time to think about dinner!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I check in every day even though I don't always post. I had a hawk land in my back yard in my ornamental crab tree. Boy did the birds at my bird feeder scatter when they saw it. I don't know what kind it was, but it was quite big.

Sun is out and even tho it looks nice out, it is still very cold. The roads are back to pavement instead of hard packed snow. Sure makes driving easier! I went into town and ran a bunch of errands. Now I'm home for a bit. Need to really do some major housecleaning. I put that on the back burner whenever I can! Still not my favorite thing to do!! All the stores are getting out their summer furniture...spring is a coming!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes it looks really nice outside,but i know its cold! Im going to walk out to the GH soon as i talk myself into it
I need to get some more growing trays and domes. Im starting more daylilies everyday! Soon I will get to the peppers and mators!

My son was here for a very small visit :( and he said when he got off the plane it took his breath away and ask if it was -500!!! Vegas life=warmth!!!! I miss him already :(

I hope to pick out some paint and redo the kitchen this weekend, then we can get on with the new flooring project
Then it will be warm enough to work on my car!!!!!!!!

going to check the co-op and then out to the GH will let you know how warm it is in there-if its warm I may wait till dark to come back in LOL LOL LOL

stay warm spring is on the way!!!
dori

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Its 28 and sunny ... The greenhouse is reading 104.
I have been cleaning pots to get ready for sowing.
We have been watching the greenhouse to see how the outside wood furnace is doing . We have it set on 40 and it is keeping it at a steady 37 ,even with the temps down to 10 below. it is only a single wall thick..the greenhouse is 8x10.
I know I will be able to grow plants year round now..

Aleta

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.