Water Cannas

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Some of my water Cannas Blooming Erebus and Ra

Thumbnail by phicks
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Nice.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Kewl! I`m jealous.

I can`t have water cannas in my pond because of the dad gum nutra rats. They are like plant matter vacuum cleaners. They are so cute though. We found a baby just paddling around out there not sure where he was going or what to do. The neighbor caught him in net and we touched his fur and he was soft like a bunny and sweet..until he took a nibble at your finger. :)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

what are nutra rats?

This might help. :)

Check out translation for nutra rat here.(nutria)

http://www.bootsnall.com/namericatravelguides/nawlins/jul01orleans.shtml

And here is the picture and more information. They were imported here for fur industry.

http://www.nutria.com/site.php

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i grow many of my water cannas and water iris in tubs also you could start a nutria farm and sell the meat to the oreantal resturants lol

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Gross!

ROTFL!!! That's a good idea paul! Especially since i only eat down home food and not the oriental stuff.

Well,I kinda did think of selling their no good carcasses right after they ate my baby cannas. I forgave them so they are safe for now. I might be able to fence off a place next spring. I want to grow some waterlilys and water cannas.

I have started growing some louisiana iris under my air conditioner puddle...good thing I rescued the flowers from the nutria. I will put some water canna in there too might as well :)

This message was edited Jan 24, 2007 7:38 PM

LOL.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I was trying to decide what I could plant in my air conditioning water puddle. You've just given me a wonderful idea! I've got a few cannas I could plant there. Now does anyone know the best place to buy Louisiana iris without having to drive to Louisiana?
Deborah♥

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

last year at my old place i planted EE under my A/C theygot really big

Thumbnail by phicks

That elephant ear is huge. I planted a row right where the water runs off the house and makes a little gully and boy they took off like gang busters.

Hey maybe this spring my iris starts will multiply enough to trade with something. I hope the colors I saved come back in pink,lavender and a violet blue color. They are making it and hope they get through the winter and multiply well. I`m also going to add more canna to the mix.

Karen

This message was edited Jan 29, 2007 9:17 AM

If this rain doesn`t quit very soon I`ll be able to start a water canna and water lily farm right in my front yard and have to use a row boat to check my mail. LOL!!! or COL cry out loud..rains gotta quit!!!!!only come back when I need water!!!!

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Good one phicks,
Remember this is not an Amurican site only ,
Theres a lot of us foreigners here also.
Dmail me that Pic of you but full size
and I will do a painting of you like you requested.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

ok ill send you one I know what you are saying about a American site. but one thing every one should understand that America is a country made up of the very best from all other countries in the world europe Asia Africa NZ Australia And all the rest. thats what has made America a great Place

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Too true M8.

That is true. My Moms family has been in America since Pocohontas and John smith days. All together my family is English,Scotch Irish,Welsh,German, American Indian and Norweigan. I have a lot of countries to thank for me even being here. :)

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

Paul, thank you so very much for the link, if the song don't get you the words of the message will! Again, thanks. You made my day. Sometimes we forget about the ones who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.

John

We have a lot to be thankful for.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.