Hippeastrum papilio x cybister

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

It's not long since I got this from an ebay seller, it started putting up a flower spike almost immediately and I potted it up a few days ago, after leaving it sit for a week (truth is I hadn't got around to potting it, but this is what you should do anyway)

Now lets see what the flower turns out like!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Will be looking forward to seeing th progress, once they get going they grow so quickly!
Janet

I posted the pic on another thread, so I will put it here and see if they compare. I'm not certain if this was on offset from the plant or a seed grown one from the cross, so it may be different.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, that is very interesting....you do great work! I have some seed pods that are trying to ripen, I do hope I get some seeds. I have never tried to grow them from seed, however, so it will be fun to see what I can do.

I didn't grow this one, but the person I got it from probably did as he has many unusual bulbs, that's his pic. It would be good to get seeds from this.

Looks like H. papillio x H. cybister "Emerald" perhaps.

It's not Emerald, but one he has probably bred himself. It was sold as H. papilio x cybister.

I have a second bud coming up!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

The first bud is starting to open.......the flower bending out has been nibbled down the side, I found a slug making it's way down the stem!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

How's your bud coming along?

One is part open, it shouldn't be long now! I will be posting a pic when it opens, for sure!

Here it is! It does look like the pic too!

It does look similar to Emerald, but this guy has some rare bulbs, and I don't know why he would not give it a name if it had one.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow! Beauty, Janet!

I am not the slightest bit disappointed, I love it! I love red and greens....

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Me too!

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Very Pretty! Love the delicate stipplings.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.