Blue Heron

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

This is a blue heron we saw in Florida last week there are protected there becasue they keep gator populations down but they do not appear to fear anything

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Herre's a close up

Thumbnail by avmoran
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pics av! How do they keep gator populations down?

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

They eat the baby gators until they are 15" long or more

Marlton, NJ

Yikes that must be a bit of a rough ride down their throat. Thanks for the info.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Very nice photos

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

awesome shots AV

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks all

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Magnificent bird and great photography!

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Love those breeding feathers. So beautiful and stately. I think the heron is protected everywhere in the US. I sure hope so anyway!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

This Great Blue Heron hung around our pond for most of the summer pf 1989. He was enjoying an easy life, eating our bass and bluegills. When our kids would be fishing, the Heron would stroll halfway up our driveway, and stand in the middle of the driveway, waiting patiently for the kids to finish. I always had the feeling that the bird tolerated us using "his" pond. I was sorry to see him leave in the fall, and we never saw this heron again.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd want you pond too
:)
A

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful - bird and pond!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Ya, bsharf, me too , I want your pond too!!!...LOL (with or without the bird ....:)

Avmoran very nice pics,

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks birdscrazy

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Not the best picture, but this guy came in for a landing right over my head last week, to check out the neighbor's pool cover full of water. I think it's a great blue heron. He stayed on the roof peak for about an hour. I wondered if the neighbors ever saw him there from inside.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Marlton, NJ

Wow look at the size of that foot! Neat pic sally!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.