Journal Entry to Plant Files Backward Compatibility?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I populated my journal by searching on plants in Plant Files then adding them to my journal from Plant Files. I finally finished populating my journal with over 100 plants, then discovered that there does not appear to be a way to click on a journal entry to return to it's respective Plant Files page.

I would very much appreciate a function that would allow me to link back to Plant Files; right now it appears to be a one-way street. Am I missing something (i.e. is there a "loose nut" on my keyboard)????

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There is a link back to PF. If you're on the screen that has the table of all your plants in a particular category, find the plant you want and click on "View". On the next screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom and the PF link will be there. It may show up in other places too, but that's where I've found it. There is a bug in the system which makes this link occasionally not show up, maybe 10% of the time the link won't be established correctly (and going back and re-entering the plant through PF hasn't seemed to fix it--some plants just don't want the link there!) So the link should be there for most of your plants UNLESS you edited the genus, species, or cultivar fields for your entry (changing the common name field may mess you up too, but I never do anything with that one so I don't know for sure). If you edit those name fields, then I think it no longer thinks it's the same plant that came in through PF, so the link disappears. Let me know if any of this didn't make sense and I'll try to explain it better.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

ecrane3,

Thanks for the fast reply - it made perfect sense. I didn't make any edits to any of the fields (nor do I intend to), so I'll go mess around and see if I can find the link that you mentioned. This is great news - thanks again.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I found the link back to PF. Please disregard my post.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images