daylily in pot

Bellefontaine, OH(Zone 5a)

I was reading the post for daylilies and thought....hum....I filled all my pots last spring with starts of perinneals from the garden and they have done extremely well......could I.....should I try a daylily in a pot......any suggestions....comments.????

Lisa

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I put a daylily in a pot for my daughter's front porch 2 years ago. I thought it was to be temporary. They moved into a new house this year, and that daylily in that pot bloomed it's head off. It's probably a 12" pot, pretty deep.

Well that is great to hear......and the garden centers have their pots on clearance right now.....and I have plants to divide......this might be a match made in heaven.....

Lisa

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I say go for it!!

I am redoing a dear friends garden....and her daylily need some serious dividing.......the problem for me is,,,I would love to have them.....but that would mean putting the hubby to work on a new bed....and time is not on my side with that...but I sure can do the pot things.....man....I am excited......never thought all my other pots would survive to bloom again this yr...but they sure did....and I did not spend a dime on annuals to fill them up......

Lisa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.