Wireless Network Connection: limited or no connectivity

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

I lost my internet connection a few days ago. I thought it was a problem with my computer, but it turned out to be verizon.
Now that I'm connected again (obviously...) I can't use the internet unless I use the yellow cable to the Westell versalink modem. There's a netgear card in the computer. When I try to 'repair internet connection' it says windows can not renew IP address. Also it says wireless connection 4, it used to be a different number or none.

I think in my dis-connected panic I tried a lot of things to get it going again, and I may have screwed it up. The windows wireless connection wizard won't work with this problem. I read the thread about ol' tomcat and weezingreen's problem and tried those sites but I haven't figured it out. Any ideas? I want to use this thing on the couch near the tv, at least it won't seem as antisocial...
Thanks

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!