what kind is this..and this.. :)

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

This one is a fluffy yellow one with green leaves and red speckles in the center of the flower. It is about 3-4 feet and doesn`t get very tall. I think it is "something" but not sure what. It makes lots and lots of seeds. One seedpod had nine seeds in it. It makes like 8 or more seeds per pod and the stalks fall over from the weight.

Thumbnail by gardener2005

This is another I have been wondering about because I can`t remember if it is one of the seedlings with the marabouts or not. Some of the marabout seedlings look a little diferent from each other.

Another close up. This one makes a few seeds but not at all like the yellow one.

The peach one got tall for the first year and reached about 5-6 feet.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Sorry can't help with a name but they are all very nice!

Thanks! I`m kinda wondering if the peach is City of Portland? It doesn`t look like all the pictures I find but I think there are several kinds of these that are named City of Portland.

I`m not sure but I`ll let it grow more next year and check back later if noone has a good guess on these yet.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

looks like marabout Paul

Here is the Marabout Abutilon posted.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/115357/

Here is one of the seedlings from some Marabout seeds I planted. The peach one looks fuller and "fancier" than this one. I have about 3 others I haven`t seen the blooms yet because I plated these late and will have to wait until they come back.

This is a close up of the first flower on the Marabout seedling.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Thats really nice,gardener.Do they come in different shades?I have some marabout seedlings also....haven't flowered as yet,and thought they only came in orange.Can't wait for mine to flower now!

I believe the Marabouts breed true from seeds. But these I`m not so sure. I`ll know more about what is going on next year. So I might have some seeds from Marabout and some not or maybe they were crosspollinated with other cannas or something?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.