Gloucester, MA

Here is what I have to trade

-Few Dwarf Lemon seeds

-Datura s.

-Datura metel

-Coffee beans

-Opium Poppy

-California Poppy

-Basil (mixed regualr, and some other kind i can't remember the name but smells like citronella)

-Pinto Beans

-Navy Beans

-Wormwood

-Coleus

-Morning Glory Heavanly Blue

and more please contact me on Aol Instant Messenger @ Peckerhead1122 or email Peckerhead1122@yahoo.com

also my cell phone 1-(978)-879-8759

I will be a member soon.

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

there is a round robin if you want to trade seeds that way. here's the link"

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/684015/

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

also... i didn't know until today that you can buy seeds for certain house plants.
i just placed an order from greendealer exotic seeds: [HYPERLINK@www.greendealer-exotic-seeds.com]

I'll be getting 50 seeds for 'pure white spider plant' --i google searched and found the picture i attached in the grouping picture i put up
10 seeds for asparagus fern
24 seeds for 'sensitive plant' aka 'Mimosa pudica' --this one will be fun, i remember a friend showing me one as a little girl, when you touch the leaves they fold up for a while and then go back
and 10 seeds for ming fern

i'm attaching pictures of what i believe they will turn out as, the seed site didn't have very good pics, and some seeds didn't offer pics at all (white spider)
anyway, i'll be happy to share some seeds with anyone sending a SASE for trade of other seeds or houseplant cuttings. i'll probably only keep 10 spiderplant seeds, 3 or 4 of each fern, 8 seeds sensitive plant
my seeds should be arriving in a week to 10 days.

if no one takes me up on it i'l be planting them all, then posting the rootings in the spring.

Thumbnail by sjonesartist
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, I'd be interested in a trade. I have seeds for dwarf schefflera (umbrella plant-rt side of the pic) and Cassia alata (candlebush-left side). I could also do cuttings, but it's way too cold right now (I have purple passion vine, swedish ivy, german ivy, or leaves from several African violets).

I also have seeds for some mixed ornamental cacti and living stones (lithops), mixed hens 'n chicks (sempervivum) but these seeds are like dust and I'm not sure they'd be worth dividing. Got them from Park's. if you'd like to try, though, I don't mind sharing.

Let me know if anything interests you.

here's a site you might want to take a look at where I got some of mine:

http://www.seedman.com/hp.htm#36

gram

Thumbnail by grampapa
Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

i just google searched to see what a purple passion plant was...how pretty.
i can't wait for warmer weather so we can all trade cuttings!
stephanie

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Stephanie. Welcome to the NE forum. If you'd like to meet the folks who hang out here on a regular basis, drop in on the Coffee Time 2007 thread (or are you an 'indoor only' gardener LOL)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682237/

I hope you've already found the House Plants forum. If you know about the round robin for seed trading you must know your way around.

I guess you weren't tempted by any of my seeds :0)
here's my purple passion plant. I just love the color, and it's fuzzy to boot. this is just after I potted it when I bought it in the fall. it's much bigger now. maybe by spring I can have some rooted.

gram ~a girl~

Thumbnail by grampapa
Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

grampapa, sorry--- i didn't post about your seeds. i'd love the dwarf schefflera seeds. i'll dmail you when i get my seeds i ordered.. which ones did you want from me? thanks. stephanie

This message was edited Jan 19, 2007 10:49 AM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I was debating between the white spider and the sensitive plant. they both look great. But I think I'll take the sensitive plant. Do you have any idea if they are easy to sprout? I'll wait for your d-mail and then give you my address. thanks, stephanie. lookin' forward to it!

gram

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

grampapa, well everything i read (that i'm NOW finding out) is that most spiderplants grown from seeds will be solid green.
and the 'white' spiderplant referred to the flowers it blooms, are pure white.
:(
so anyway... the sensitive plant will be a fun one.
i've never grown any houseplant from seed, so i'm not sure how easy they are to sprout.
stephanie

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Well, it'll be fun to try anyway. I have grown African violets from seed. they are very, very tiny seeds. but I got a very good 'crop'. I think I grew about 40 plants and gave them to everybody I knew. It was fun.

you might be surprised on the spiderplant, too. don't give up on it yet. (I read the thread over in houseplants)

Gloucester, MA

Hello grampapa I send you a dmail about those umbrella tree seeds. Oh yeah and the spider plants, I have one at my house which I found all dried out on a plant cart that was used to roll out plants. It was around christmas time so they brought out the pointsettas on them. While I was looking at them I noticed a small, about 4 inch dried up spider plant with roots. I went to the bathroom and wrapped it in toilet paper and put it under the sink so the toilet paper would absorb water and keep the roots wet. Well here is a picture of it now. Also this picture was just taken today on my camera, I have to fix the date setting, I though I already did. The date is 1/19/2007

This message was edited Jan 19, 2007 4:43 PM

Thumbnail by Sparisi1122
Gloucester, MA

Also grampapa I checked out those lithops on wikipedia, those look pretty interesting I was wondering if I could also trade for those.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Spairisi, This is an open forum.
Anyone can read your E-mail addys and phone number.
Andy P

Gloucester, MA

I know, I just add it directly to the thread to save people time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.