Claw Foot Loveseat for Grace

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I've posted these photos on another thread, but then realized that THIS would be a more appropriate place to post them.

I was driving home the other day and saw a loveseat on the side of the road. I was by myself and knew that if I took the time to go get some help, the loveseat would be gone when I returned for it. I stopped the truck and examined it. It had a brilliant white cottony canvas slip cover that was still white. It had 2 feather cushions of the same fabric with a few spots on one side, but still clean on the other. The feet looked like claws.

There was already a desk in the back end of the truck that I hadn't removed yet. I scooched it into the corner as best as I could. Then I heaved and heaved until I got that love seat up into the back end of my truck. I had only 3 or 4 inches to spare as the claws clung to the tailgate. I tied it in and drove home slowly.

The sky was cloudy and we were expecting some rain. I knew I'd have to unload it by myself since hubby was working. I got it out of the back of the truck and "parked" it in the garage. Later that afteroon, I saw my dog Grace eyeballing it. She had already given it the sniffing that is normal when anything "new" comes into the house. She was just standing there next to it. Then I realized that she was "thinking" that this would be a perfect bed for her! Well heckfire, I suppose that would be a good idea since she leaves white hair wherever she lays down. So, I did all that work..... for Grace!

I didn't want to leave it in the garage, so I made a place in my front room for it. I've put Grace's camoflage comforter on it to try and keep it white. At least I'll be able to take the comforter off to wash it.

Here's Grace on her new bed.

Janet

well shoot! I'm on the laptop and the photos are on Lightning. I'm unable to see thumbnails, etc. for some reason so the photos will be on the next post.

This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!