Dwarf Lemon Tree

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hello. Update on my dwarf citrus, being raised indoors in NYC under a grow-light...it is budding! It had quite a bit of leaf loss until I started watering it less. I don't know if they were dropping because of the water or because their energy was being put into budding.

I am optimistic at this stage. I'd appreciate any experience you have with this little lemon tree.

Thumbnail by brooklynbird
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hooray! If you're not seeing any fruit set, you might want to play "bee" with a q-tip or a little brush.... My only other tip is that my small and somewhat struggling tree tries to set 50 fruits at once, so I usually pick off most of the tiny lemons and just leave a few.

Your tree looks happy!

Columbus, OH

They periodically shed older leaves. You should start seeing some new shoots soon.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

thanks critter and ohio. I've learned that when I turn my plant around (for tropism purposes), I have to be careful not to knock off buds, or maybe it's better off with fewer buds?? No flowers yet, but I'm prepared 2 B A B. Bzzzz.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, your nose is in for a treat when those buds open! My little lemon tree and my jasmine were blooming at the same time before Christmas, and the chair tucked into the corner by them (some scented geraniums there also) was definitely my favorite seat in the house!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

You're right critter, the flowers are blooming and the smell is amazing.

Thumbnail by brooklynbird

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.