Blue Cloud Iris

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Does anyone know if Blue Cloud Iris has gone out of business? I know they had some problems, and their rating isn't too good. I've been trying to access their web page for a few months now, and it appears to be gone?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I don't know, but once I called to order iris and got some kids who didn't seem to know much about the iris business but offered to take my order. I am familiar with kids taking messages, so I ordered from somewhere else because I really wanted those irises.

Greeneville, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm still waiting for the refund they were supposed to send in 2004... They kept the money and didn't send the irises.After numerous phone calls they said they would send refund,but they didn't say when :-)Dora

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I'm getting the impression that they are no longer in business. Their website is down and no communication from them.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a refund Dora. I wasn't going to order from them, but I did have a question about one of the iris that they had on their list.

Newfoundland, NJ

I had actually ordered some iris in 2006 from them after speaking with Sara, the new owner. The check was not cashed, and Sara later told me she had some health issues and could not fill orders in 2006. I hope they will be back this year, despite the problems that people seem to be having, as they offer some iris that no one else does.
Laetitia

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Hi Laetitia! Yes they did offer some great historics didn't they. If they don't open up their business again, I'm going to kick myself for not ordering from them yet. If you hear that they are up and running again, please let me know, okay? I'll do the same.

Joan

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'd be interested in ordering some of their iris too...................simply because she does carry some no one else has. If they do close their business due to health issues or whatever, I hope someone reputable buys their irises and in turn will sell them to the public. Otherwise it would be such a loss.

~ Margie

Oskaloosa, KS(Zone 6a)

I placed an order in 2004 the check was cashed and I never got the flowers. In 2005 I contacted her as she said she had problems moving the hole garden and health problems. She then agreed to double my order, but I still never got the flowers. In 2006 she said she was still not taking new orders and could not give me the newer verieties I orderd becouse she lost too many in the move. She agreed to give 2 1/2 times my dollers in older verieties I picked, I still have not recieved any, but still am not letting her off the hook. I have a new phone number that worked last fall that was not on the web site. If it is still a vallid number I will still try to get my flowers and post the number for anyone else who may need it.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Oh my. Thanks for the update. No wonder they took the website down.

Newfoundland, NJ

I had some communications with Blue Cloud a few weeks ago. She said she will be selling iris this year. Doesn't know what her stock is but suggested I send her a list (no money) of what I wanted and she would get back to me. So I did.
Hate to lose out on some of those Historics, so I will continue to try to buy from them.
Laetitia

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the update Laetitia. I also would like to keep the historics around, and she had/has lots of them. If she does happen to get you a list of what she has, would you consider sharing that list with me? I wish I would have printed off her list before the website got taken down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.