Welcome to the michigan forum(introduce yourself)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

The other thread was getting long and if you have dial up im sure it slow to load
So here is a new thread for NEW members to introduce themselves
This is the link to the old thread
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/493428/#new

BIG WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Martha I put a hi on the old thread And it is very long I just wanted to say hi I'm from Sandford and would Love to know if there are any Midlanders or any one close love all the talk about roses and daylilys G.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Well im a little east of midland but daylilies are one of my addictions and I do grow several roses!
There are several daylily growers here in Michigan!
This yr i hope to go to bruce's centerpiece garden in Beaverton-anyone been there??

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi I'm only about 12 mis. from Beverton if that far and I'v never even heard of the place but you can bet by the end of tomarrow I will. Besides putting in my first rosr garden I'm looking to up date /replace my daylilys I'll let you know. G

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi glevely............Welcome to the Michigan Forum.....I know where Stanford Lake is, once in a great while on our way to Muskegon, we do go through your area.........

Notmartha is the gal to ask about Lily's......I grow Roses as well as other perennials. Keep in mind with Roses, they require lots of sun, and are heavy feeders. Also, be mindful that not all roses will do well in zone 5 which is what you are in. David Austin roses are pretty hardy and disease free for our area. Last year I put in some JP shrub Roses called Simplicity Roses and they did beautiful. Keeping fingers crossed they will re-bloom for me this spring. Stay tuned!! Another very informative Rose grower is a member here on the Michigan Forums called Cottage Rose. Check the Rose forum as she posts in there all the time.

Again, welcome to Dave's and to the Michigan Forum.

Deann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.