Post Bariatric Procedure V

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/671821/#new

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, glad I was in the neighborhood when you moved so I didn't have to wander the streets going thread to thread looking. My DH joined WeightWatchers again!!! Last time, he lost 35 lbs, then 35 more on his own. Then he stayed by my bed in the hospital and willed me not to die for 5 weeks. The hospital wasn't big on healthy food, so he put it all back on. This time I promise not to get sick!

xxxxx,
Carrie

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Today I was able to wear a 44" belt to my 44" pants. A very good feeling! I must say that my frame of mind, my energy and my stamina have greatly improved and all because of weight loss. My outlook on life is excellent and things that used to bother me before seem to just slide right by? Physically and mentally I have improved tremendously. Very little arthritis pain almost negligible. My gait has dramatically improved and this coming week my podiatrist will be ordering a special pair of orthopedic shoes for me after my fitting. Now that I've lost most of my goal weight the shoes will work. Before I felt I was to heavy and no matter what I wore it just would not help and besides they cost a total of $350 and I am not in a position to waste money.

Dillonvale, OH(Zone 6a)

TPlant, I am so proud of you!!

Thought you had posted a pic??

Janis

Not yet! Wait till I get my new shoes and some proper fitting clothes....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I LOVE those pics of you, T-plant, I have to say!

xxx, C

Thank you Carrie. I had a band adjustment yesterday but had to go back for a re-adjustment today as it was to tight and would not allow liquid to go down comfortably. This sometimes happens and it is not a problem as the doctor simply removes some saline. For the next two days I can have liquids only and after that regular food. This is to allow my esophagus to adjust to the decreased opening. Not a discomfort in any way as I do not have hunger pangs with proper adjustments. I will have a 1/2 cup of soup now and it will totally satisfy me but in between I drink a lot of liquids such as diet tea and some juices. Actually I prefer apple cider, Martinelli's to be precise. I find it to be expensive but excellent.

Allright! I dropped two pounds and now weigh 245 lbs and back on track. My new goal is to get down below the 240 mark in three weeks. May be asking too much at this time but I think it to be fair as I still have a lot of fat to lose. Must say I am very happy to be back on track again as it was so easy to put on but so tedious to take off. I hope, a lesson learned though I never learned anything the easy way. Also looking forward to the next pant size of 42. Now that will be something! You know what? I'm going to go out today and buy two pair of 42's as I know I will be there soon. I've lost waist size and shirt size from 3XL to XL and doubt if my chest size will decrease any lower as even in my youth I was always broad chested.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Great news!! Keep up the good work!! ~ Suzi :)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T-plant, you're my hero......

xxxxx, Carrie

More good news! I lost two more pounds and now weigh 243 lbs. although I really did not need the scale to tell me that I've lost weight as my belt went in another notch yesterday inspite of my eating some peanut brittle. I had an appointment yesterday for a fitting for my new shoes that are being made for me but It completely slipped my mind. It was so very cold and drizzly here yesterday that perhaps my subconcious did not want to go out? LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It was cold and drizzly there? How about 13 F? Congrats, as usual, as I say over & over, you're my hero.

xxxxxx, Carrie

Was so happy today that I almost forgot to tell ya'll that I dropped two more pounds and now weigh 240 on the button or should I say dial. I knew I was on track this week as I was able to double my walking distance and still could have gone further but decided not to push it. My new orthepedic shoes arrived at my podiatrists office the other day and they fit like a glove and so very light in weight. They look like ordinary shoes but he has to send them out for a lift. Soon I'll have them and then ........!!!!????

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Tplant - hip, hip, horray! (x3) I don't think it's a good idea to double anything all at once, though. Are we talking 25 yards becoming 100 yards, or 26 miles becoming 52 miles? And congratulations on your new shoes. I've had a contracture in my big toe develop over the past year and become very painful. This connects because I could only wear sneakers. So, yesterday my doctor (my pain management doctor - do you have one of those?) injected me with botox, trying to paralyze the nuscle that hurts. If it works, I'll be a shoe-a-holic again.

xxx, carrie

No Carrie I don't have that much pain anymore! It seems that the sulindac that I take has helped my shoulders tremendously. My left shoulder is still a little tender but not a problem. Some or all of this pain I suffered could be related to my post polio syndrome. It feels good to be back on track again!!

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Keep up the good work T-Plant!!

Best wishes!! ~ Suzi :)

Well still weigh 240 lbs? I would have sworn that I dropped at least two more pounds? I feel thin? Guess I'll just have to drink more water this coming week. I expect the closer I get to my goal weight of 200 lb or a little less it will become a much slower process but I have the patience if you all do and continue to support me???

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Ted, you know we will be here for you.

I also am on a reduction thing. Keeping up over in the challenge thread in Healthy living. But decided as you, Friday is a good weighing in day. I'm about to git in there and do it.

Molly
:^))))

Got on DG late today as the weather here was so beautiful that I was gardening all day today and loving it.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Glad you were able to garden and enjoy yourself! Be patient! You have come so far and will continue the same way it got there, little by little. Inch by inch, slow and safe the TPlant went along...

~ Suzi :)

Have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow at 2:15 pm. Hope I have a good weigh-in? I sure feel lighter.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Do you have your before picture handy? Take a good look and you will instantly smile:) You are in my thoughts you, your lap-band and your tomatoes!

Hugs -Kim

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Me, I'd like to see another picture! Somebody knows how to do the before and after stuff. PICTURE, PICTURE, PICTURE, PICTURE, PICTURE!

I know what you mean about feeling thin. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, it's denser. So if on your walks you have increased some muscle mass, you won't show less on the scale.

xxxxx, Carrie

Just got home from the doctor's office and to my delight I lost 11 lbs since my last visit of 1/17. I weighed 239 on his scale fully clothed
and weighed 237 this morning unclothed on my home scale so I have surpassed my goal this month of 8 lbs by three whole pounds? Of course no adjustment was necessary. I will be going in for a blood profile a week before my 3/13 appointment and he said that after the next appointment I will probably see him every two to three months. I can not remember when I weighed this much and have now lost a total of 100 lbs! !!!!! This fact by his records..... WOWWWWWW

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW !!!!!

Big congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Julie =0)

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Good for you. That is GREAT.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

WOOO HOOOO Tplant! I still want pictures!

xxx, carrie

I forgot to weigh-in yesterday! As I only weigh myself on Friday I'll have to wait a week until I do so. Meanwhile I dropped another pants size and now down to 42 from a 54? I've been buying the "relaxed fit" but I think I need the regular fit as they are baggy on my rear although very comfortable for chores. Walmart is really making out on this deal! Hard to believe all this weight loss without hunger but it is true. The only craveing I get is for sweets which I do satisfy as needed. I can only eat a small amount so it doesn't effect me in the least. The occasional munching is very satisfying and is okay'd by my doctor as being a normal. I can no longer eat ice cream as I have become lactose intolerant. For those that do not know the effects of this let me tell you "you don't want to have it!"

It is a beautiful day today so I will be doing a lot of gardening. The temperature is in the 60's and the wind is crisp from the north bringing us very cool, dry air just meant for gardening. Have to put on last months jeans as I don't want to dirty my new one's. LOL

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

T,
100 pounds!!! CONGRATS!! Yep, sure would like to see the before and after pics!

You did great! Keep up the good work!!

~ Suzi :)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T, I'm not gonna post one more congrats until I see some pix. 42s instead of 44s is a big difference!

xxx, Carrie

[thank goodness i'm finally rid of her - Tplant.]

I'll ask my son to take some pictures tomorrow before he goes to work but I can't promise!

Sorry but I forgot to weigh-in today as I have been feeling a bit under the weather with a sore throat and cough. I was fully dressed and ready to see my doctor this AM but he was out of town on a convention. Yuk!! At least the nurse was there and she was kind enough to call in a prescription for cough medicene. Won't be doing much today with this sore throat and that is a bummer as the weather is beautiful and perfect for gardening. DARN!!!!!
P.S. -- I will weigh-in tomorrow.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Ahh HAA! Your the one that gave me this! lol I hope you feel better soon...off I go to find more Vicks and Kleenex...

It is comforting to know that I can share! Anyone else want some? LOL LOL & HA HA UGHHHH! My throat hurts even when I laugh...

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures! (chanting getting louder....)

You asked for it Carrie and I finally got someone to snap a shot. Big weight loss from day one.

Thumbnail by Tplant

This picture was taken about six weeks ago? There is a difference.

Thumbnail by Tplant
N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Tplant, you look GREAT.

Looks like I'm going on the slow cycle again . Today I weighed-in at 240 lbs. Somehow I gained about three pounds? Guess it was the peanut brittle! LOL I had a touch of the flu this week but much, much better today. Glad I had the flu shot last year or I really would have been sick. Have not been eating properly when I was sick so I guess I'll be getting back to my schedule now. My primary physician wants me to go no lower than 220 lbs but I would like to go down to 200 lbs. I know the next 30 or 40 lbs will be a struggle but heck, I'm not in any hurry as things get better with every pound I lose....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Does anyone remember who did the before and after picture combo before? I don't, but I sure would love to see the newest snap added into the line-up! [T-plant, you look magnificent!]

xxxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.