Any suggestions on where to stay in or near Savannah...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

We have a group going for St. Patrick's Day and are trying to find a place to stay on a nearby beach! Any ideas? Does anyone have a list of good places and or places NOT to stay? If so I would love for you to DMAIL me with those places....thanks so much!
JanetS

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

St patty's day is a zoo downtown especial after dark. The warmer it is, the bigger the crowd. It's not really beach weather that time of year though. Water is still cold so the beach is usually 5-8 degrees colder than inland. Wind coming off the water is cold too. If it's 80 you'll like it, if it's under 70 the beach won't be so great.

Marietta, GA

Unfortunately, you are probably too late to find a hotel around Savannah for St. Patty's Day. We checked a few weeks ago when we were there and had no luck. There are a bunch of hotels in Savannah, though. Google it or call the Chamber of Commerce for a list. Tybee Island is the beach area in Savannah, but it doesn't have many hotels.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

You can stay on Hilton Head it's as close to downtown as Tybee island. Many hotels and condo's.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info!! One of the other women in our group is going to find something for us....but I did suggest Hilton Head too...thanks again!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

hey Janet! Just a thought! If you would like to get a Hotel closer to Savannah than Hilton Head and a lot less expensive.... Google Hotels and Motels in Pooler Ga. they are clean and right on Highway 80 straight into Savannah! As a matter of fact Pooler is called a Savannah Subdivision! You will have better luck getting a place to stay there because most people have never heard of it!!!

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

She want to be by the beach Pooler is not by the beach.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info about Pooler, I will pass it on to the rest of our group and see what they think...not sure how desparate we are to give up being on the beach...LOL But you never know..thanks again!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Nope you are right, Cora, but Pooler is part of Savannah and if she cant get on the beach it is the next best thing!
I was raised in Savannah and believe me I know the ins and the outs! LOL!!!! Which is exactly what she will need come St, Patricks day!!!! Driving to the Beach and getting back into Savannah fromTybee is a mad house in March!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks!!! That is what I was thinking too...I am not sure why this group really wants to go during St. Patty's day....we are all old enough to know better!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.