Cody needs help please...

Lyndonville, NY

My grandcat, Cody, is very sick. DD took him to the vet today. He has not been eating well and just lays there, not playing or anything...just wanting to be held. Not like Cody at all.

The vet just called. Cody has something in his body attacking his blood/system. He said possibly bordetella.....and also microplasma something. He said it could have been from fleas, another parasite, or just something that happened in his body. Cody is only 6 years old. His mom was a pure Siamese.

Tomorrow they are going to try to give Cody a blood transfusion. There are two cats at the office that volunteer their services. Cody only has 7% blood in his body now, and 5% platelets I think he said....he is severely anemic. DD talked to the vet...so I am getting this second hand and she was so upset she only took in half of what he said. This is an enourmous expense neither her nor I can handle....it is one thing if he is going to get better, but if it is prolonging his pain and he will not get better....well, we would just like to know.

Is anyone familiar with this type of illness. I have never heard it....I thought perhaps Leukemia...but that test was negative.

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
This thread has 240 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!