cotton plants

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I haven't seen anything about cotton plants at this site. I just purchased some cotton seeds just to show the grandkids where cotton comes from and was wondering if anyone knew if the plants were deer resistant. For some reason, the deer think that I garden just to feed them.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I lived in Texas and have never heard of the deer there eating cotton when I live there. Also I know that deer will sample plants that are new in the feeding grounds. If they are hungry they will eat things that they normally wouldn't. Especially if their favorite or usual food is in short supply. Good luck.

wallpaper-

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I have never had an issue with deer here - I grow a little bit here and there every year.

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

You might check with your local extension agent to see if you can plant the cotton seeds because of the boll weavil. They are a reall problem down here in the south where a lot of cotton is grown. Good luck with them.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I grew cotton and the groundhog didn't eat it so that was a good sign. It flowered and got pods but I think the season was a little short because only a few actually opened up. I think you may want to get started early indoors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.