so, I outsmarted a horse today...

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

not a biggie, right? but I had help. Thump helped!

Can't get Allie into the outside pen we made because she's obviously been zapped by the fence. I can get her within 20 feet and she stops and snorts and that's it. Out comes the kibble...nope, she doesn't care about food. Just stares at the fence and snorts. She's been in her stall since yesterday morning. So, I take off my sweatshirt (turtleneck on under it) and blindfold her. Now she won't leave her stall. Fine, remove sweatshirt. Take her out of stall and put sweatshirt back on her head and again she won't move. Thump is watching all of this and at this point walks up to her and nips her in the side and she takes a step. He nips her again and she takes another step. He ends up nipping her the entire way out of the barn. Once out of the barn, I led her the wrong way and in many circles then over to the pen. She's snorting and dropping stinky watery poop almost the entire time. I get the fence open and break the electrical connection and walk her in but she stops halfway thru like she suddenly realizes where she is and here comes Thump again with one more nip in the butt this time as he's pretty respectful of the fence and doesn't want to get near her side. She walks completely thru, Thump backs up, I remove sweatshirt and leadline and pop fence line back up and clear out before she kills me. The complete surprise on her face and then the snorting once she realized where she was, was comical if I didn't feel so bad for her.
Thump got lots of peppermint treats this morning :-)

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!