Monday morning watering trough, 12/8

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Good morning!

Finally, a week with no holiday in or around it .... except for my nephews wedding this Sat in Albuquerque. Guess I better find something to wear (*sigh*). Seems like if I just cleaned my boots up a bit.... my sister has been sitting in the same spot, day after day, furiously finishing a white-on-white hand sown quilt. If she's not there, the room looks like it's missing a piece of furniture.

Have my "come to Jesus" meeting with Hankster, today - aka as the lesson where we start dealing with his bad manners. Looking forward to that.

There will also be a horse at the barn, brought there for me to look at. I haven't gotten much information about her other than she's black, well built, has great feet (this is the barn owner's SIL's assessment, who is a farrier).. the [kinda] down side is that she's pregnant. Evidently, last time she had a colt by this sire she threw a buckskin - and that's always enough reason to breed her again, right? Anywho, if I can strike a deal with Terri, over teaching me to care for mare and foal in exchange for the baby... this is a "i'm-selling-the-horse-so-i-can-make-my-car-payment", sale, so we'll see!

This thread has 52 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!