Brandywine River Museum Christmas Ornaments, etc.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

A while back, I started a thread in the Invasive Plants forum asking if planting Teasel was a dumb idea. ( It is! LOL!)
For those of you who don't know what it is (by name anyway) here's the plantfiles page:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1960/index.html

It looks neat in dried flower arrangements. I used to see it dyed back in the seventies...Anyway, I was easily convinced not to plant the seeds from the pods I found around here, because there's plenty to go around as it is, and I have enough problems.

Some time later, my Mom invited the family from this area to meet around Christmas at the Brandywine River Museum, which is decked out for the holidays - a huge model train set up, toy boats, evergreens, and trees decorated with natural materials, featuring Teasel. I was surprised that such a nasty, sharp, spiky but interesting plant could be used for decorations. I posted some of the pictures on that thread, and Equilibrium suggested I post here, too.

Thumbnail by claypa
This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!