Annetta

Thumbnail by Annetta_S
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Yes definitely one of my favorites.

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Lovely, Annetta1

Is this a recently planted bulb?

Pickering, ON(Zone 5b)

This is a picture from last year. I am waiting for it to bloom this year. I hope!

Annetta

OK, Annetta. I was wondering cause the bulb planted in winter 2005 is still deep asleep. It did bloom that winter though it didn't start growing till months later.

R.

I am a newbe to this forum. I have grown Amaryillas for a long time, but the term cybister is a new one to me. would someone please explain? I have about 15 or more varieties & still want more. I love the doubles.

The "cybisters" refers to those hybrids that are crosses of Hippeastrum cybister, a species with another species (manytimes H. papilio) or hybrid.

Most (but not all) have a distinctive, somewhat "spidery" look, as exemplified in 'Chico'. They are said to look "exotic" or some other description to note the difference in size and form from the standard large-flowered types, say Apple Blossom, Red Lion, etc.

Here are most of them: Chico, Emerald, La Paz, Lima, Merengue, Double Merengue, Night Star, Quito, Rio Negro, Reggae, Rosario, Ruby Grace, Ruby Meyer, Santa Rosa, San Miguel, Sumatra, Tango, Toscana.

This message was edited Jan 9, 2007 10:22 PM

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

'Chico' is lovely! Here's my 'La Paz' from last year, and they're getting ready to bloom again this year. I put them out in the ground in the garden all summer and brought them in in September. I stored them in the dark cool basement until about a month ago, when I saw signs of new growth, and I potted them up again.

Thumbnail by kbaumle

Oh that is just gorgeous, kbaumle !!!!!!!!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I have one La paz and it started opening today. i didn't know it was a sixbloomer.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Sorry it won't let me edit my other post Mine is not La Paz but sumatra.

Riverland~

Hope you'll post some pix. Sumatra Ruby Meyer are so similar that in some pix, I can't always tell them apart. Sumatra seems to be more orangey.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.