Journal January 6, 2007

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

First order of business this morning was to haul out hay to the cattle and the rest of the livestock and ponies. It is pretty muddy and my tractor slid a bit.Thought I would get stuck a time or two, but made it out fine . I feed the big bales trying to move them to a little different area every time I carry out a fresh bale. This keeps the cattle from standing in the mud so much and gives them a little patch of hay to sleep in too whrere the last bale was. I pick up the large cattle rings with front hydraulics.. I've gotten pretty good at that.. The thing that occurred to me this morning was how sorry I was for all the cattle ranchers in the plains that are unable to get food to their livestock.. mud is just a little bit of a problem when compared to foot after foot of snow and hungry cattle.

NJ, How is the weather treating you?

The ferrier came on Wednesday.. So the three ponies and the old mare got their hooves trimmed up.. They think they are styling around. The old mare has gotten a little hard to catch. The ponies have had this done so much they wait faithfully for their turn and are so easy to work with.

I'm trying to make plans to go the the Kentucky Roundup this year.. Would absolutely love to see everyone there. I know Lisa has already mentioned she will be there..

What's everyone up to today?

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!