Where do YOU like to eat out?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're having fun in the Vacations & Travel Forum putting together lists of our favorite places to eat out. Come join us! We don't need to know the exact address (although if you have it, we'll be happy to include it!) - just the name of the restaurant, the city it is in, and the State or Province if it is in the US or in Canada. If it is in a different country, list them under the first letter of your country's name. (I expect most of yours will be in A for Australia, of course. ☺)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/682159/

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

I'm sure that Auusie do eat out but perhaps they are all busy eating in at this time.
We were in Cairns and Brisbane last year and had some great meal there but i cannot remember where we ate! Did eat their delicious Australian prawns several times though.

The last time we ate at was down at the beach after buying a fish and chips here in Nelson. LOL!
I don't think that fast food was what you had in mind with your posting and I also don't think fish and chips are something you have in the States. They were just great, the batter one the fish was so crisp and golden as were the chips.

When properly eating out we have so many restaurants and cafes here. We tend to go out into the country restaurants which are usually at a vineyard. Waimea Esates at Appleby have a very good menu with their own wines available and the Grape Escape is also very popular with locals and tourists, their own wines again plus their are other businesses on the site which makes an interesting outing. canldes, chocolate and liquers, and arty things such as paintings etc., can all be seen before or after the meal, so it is very well patronised..

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Fast food is fine, too! Where would you take company, or recommend to someone who was going to be visiting your area? I'll put Waimea Estates and Grape Escape on the list and go look for a recipe for fish & chips.. It has always sounded really good and now I'm hungry! :-)

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Hi Mary,
Fast food outlets do have their place, particularly when traveling. When in Japan we went to McDonalds and K F C to save agonising over what to choose!

Arecipe for fish and chips?
Buy your choice of a boneless filleted fish. Find a recipe for a crisp batter. Whsik an egg, dip the fillets in this and them put some seasoned flour into a plstic bag and coat the fillets. ( This keeps the batter from falling off ). Chip up some good frying potatos or else use the oven bake ones. These latter are much easier and you can have both the fish and chips ready at the same time.

Deep fry the fish in hot oil. Have with a green salad and with either Worcestershire sauce, viinegar or tomato sauce.

But I think best eaten straight from the fish and chip shop. They come wrapped in paper and are best eaten within ten minutes from buying, otherwise the chips go soggy! One can usually choose what sort of fish you want at the outlet. I don't know what you fish shops well shark as but here it is commonly known as Rig! It tastes pretty darn fine too. Australia has wonderful fish restaurants and lets hope we hear about some of them.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

'poppa ducks',real nostalgia,80's style pizzas,in claremont,tasmania..the seafood,and i add anchovies,is unreal

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

king-wah restraunt in 'new town'real ''fish n chips'' for the last 30 years.,,.good chinese food as well

Christchurch, New Zealand

For a huge meal of really yummy food we like Harringtons here in Christchurch.
Added advantage of boutique brewery beer.
Some really nice ones & food matching hints on the menu.
Our wedding anniversary hubby took me to Victoria St Cafe which is in the atrium of the Crowne Plaza hotel - which is where we spent our wedding night.
The hotel - not the atrium!

north coast nsw, Australia

We go to a local pub neally every time we eat out (once a week or so). In Maclean, nth coast nsw.2463

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.