(Herbmoxie) Debra Lynne Flannery

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I've received word that Debbie Flannery, "herbmoxie", has lost her battle with breast cancer. She hadn't been a member for very long at Dave's Garden; but she found an old friend here, our very own Kathleen. It is only recently that we found out about her battle with breast cancer; I know the DG prayer warriors said many prayers, but God had other plans for her.

Debbie joined DG on March 12, 2006. She was born October 4, 1954. She lived in Annandale, NJ, and passed away on January 1, 2007. She entered this as her note on her member's page:

"I grew up in the country a few miles from "Kathleen" but now live in the exurbs of central New Jersey. I worked in Manhattan and loved it and gardened in my spare time. Now, I have "retired" as I am waging war against metastatic breast cancer via participation in clinical trials. Gardening is one of my key weapons....and I am enjoying having the time to do more of it. "

Read here what Kathleen wrote only the day before her passing:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/681135/

I never had the opportunity to talk with Debbie, but I have read her journals. She loved growing herbs and I was tickled at all the fuss she made over not being able to keep the upper hand on growing her tarragon. In reading her journals (she only wrote for about one month and then she must have started getting pretty ill), Her journals are very organized and I noticed she liked to make herself lists of everything, "what I learned", "what I need to do next time"....

I was reminded of the song from years ago by Bobby Goldsboro called "Honey". Honey planted a flower bed and watched it grow and was sad if it looked like something was going to happen to it. At the end of the song, the words that her husband says are 'Honey, I miss you and I'm doing good'......and the flower bed is doing good and he remembers the day that she planted it. I hope that Debbie's family remembers all the love she put into her beds and I pray that in the Spring it will bloom showing that she is still with them.

From the Hunterdon County Democrat, January 4, 2007:

Debra Flannery

ANNANDALE -- Debra "Dell" Lynne Flannery died Monday, Jan. 1, 2007 at home. She was 52.

Born in North East, Pa., she was a daughter of Harry Kress and Phyllis Meehl.

Dell was an assistant vice president and life science underwriter for Chubb Group of Insurance Companies in Warren Township and Whitehouse. A member of its Quarter Century Club, she was in her 30th year with the company.

She was a member of Immaculate Conception Church in Clinton Township and belonged to the Women's Cornerstone.

Dell was predeceased by her father and a stepbrother, Greg Meehl.

Besides her mother Phyllis and stepfather Richard Meehl, Dell is survived by her husband George and sons James W. and George J. IV, both at home; a sister, Darci Jones; brothers, Ricke Kress and Kevin Kress; stepsisters, Kathy Bodkin and Anne Boyd; and stepbrothers, Rick Meehl, Mark Meehl, Michael Meehl, Chris Meehl and Tony Meehl.

A funeral Mass will be celebrated on Saturday at 2 p.m. at the church. Burial will be private.

Visitation is tomorrow, 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at Kearns Funeral Home, Whitehouse.

This message was edited Jan 5, 2007 12:07 AM

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you, Kathy for all the work you put into this. I'll send a copy to her family.
kathleen

Crossville, TN

How sad that she and Kathleen had only "found" each other again after all those years....

My prayers going out to her family. Jo

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I never got the chance to get to know Debbie here on Dave's Garden. I wish I would have.

My prayers are with her family and friends.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I didnt know her either, but im glad she and Kathleen got to share some time together!
So sorry to hear this,,I will add her family to my praylist!

Annandale, NJ(Zone 6b)

This is her son, James:

I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. My mom was a wonderful woman and she truly loved to garden. She mentioned this gardening forum often, and she did enjoy meeting up with her friend Kathleen (Mrs. T to me). We both enjoyed seeing her beautifal garden in Panama NY.

God Bless You All and may you be blessed with fertile gardens,

JF

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

James, thank you for posting. I hope you and your family are well during this time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

James,
So good of you to write here; you're Mom would be proud. Let us know when her flower garden blooms in the Spring. Many blessings,
Kathy :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.