Little known nursery!`

Weaverville, NC

I recently visited a nursery called "Mountain Meadows", and let me tell you!~ What a joy!
They are a specialty nursery that deals with unique conifers, and the whole trip for me turned from what I expected to be a quick walk thorugh, into an hour and a half of talking with the owner , walking the beautiful grounds, and learning about plants. I only purchased a dwarf golden hemlock (cool plant) but I will definitly go back, and I wanted to pass the word along to anyone who likes conifers or
cool miniature plants. I dont know the phone number, but the website is
www.mountainmeadowsdwarfconifers.com
I hope you enjoy it. Keep a look out for unique nurseries in WNC, and I will too

Jacob

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Have you put this info on the "Go Gardening" files? It sounds like the kind of nursery a lot of folks would love.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

where is the "Go Gardening" files?
thxs

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

moretz-go gardening is in the tabs at the top of the page of the page, in between plant scout and garden watchdog ...right here.......................................................................^ ^ ^ ^

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ohhhhhhhhhhh lol i cant see sorry but thxs for helping a blind woman

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

No problem, in rare cases I can help myself, very satisfying to help another.

Raleigh, NC

I would like to add that for anyone anywhere in North or South Carolina (or even southern Virginia), the Weaverville area is also a great place to visit--Asheville with all its attractions is nearby, and the countryside is beautiful. So go and make a trip of it--stop by the nursery, go see Biltmore, spend the night, whatever....

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

There is an upcoming roundup in May in Asheville on other threads. Lived in Marshall (past Weaverville) for a brief stint and really liked it there. If we don't move back to the mtns. before then, I at least plan to retire there (long way off!LOL)

Weaverville, NC

No I havent posted it under "go gardening" but it sounds like a good idea. You're right that Weaverville/Asheville are a beautiful places to be. We did the whole trip scheduled around the Nursery, and around the Biltmore house. It was a wonderful experience. The Nursery is a few miles north of Weaverville, so its an enjoyable ride through the mountains any way you look at it.
I'm just glad to have found that place : )
Here is a photo of a dwarf balsam fir that I regretfully decided not to get. I will be returning for this plant alone if for no other reason

Thumbnail by sunburnt365
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

I think I need house in the mountains just so I can grow such beautiful conifers. Sure beats these old loblollys and cedars (the only conifers we can grow here).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.