Friendly Shoulders?

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Yall..I have only been a DGer for bout 6 months. This site has been a wonderful place for me..I am also a new gardener..When we first moved here about 3 yrs ago, I admired my "across the street" neighbors' beautiful plants..The variety was just awesome to me! So, I guess I have to give Ann credit for getting me interested in gardening.In turn, being so new..and having a gazillion questions, I found this website..and I feel I found friends....Well, about a month ago, Ann and Dave came over and said they were going to their home place to ready it to sell..and would we keep an eye on the place here..and would I tend her plants while they were gone. I was only happy to! Now, Ann..is very laid back..super sweet..I have never heard her say one bad thing about anyone in the 3 yrs I have known her..She is always upbeat..happy-go-lucky...nothing seemed to ruffle her feathers! She and my DH were much alike in these aspects. Dave, her soulmate of 30 years, was outspoken, honest, wouldnt back down from a good debate..and loved NASCAR and loved to fish. Dave and I shared THESE same aspects! My DH and I became good friends with Ann and Dave..so when they didnt come back in the 2 weeks they had said to expect their return..we became concerned..Emails werent answered..and only reached their voicemails when called. Finally, about 4 or 5 days before Christmas, Ann called. Dave was in the hospital..gravely ill..diagnosed with liver, lung, and pancreatic cancer..all Stage IV. As a retired nurse, I was fully aware of how bad it was..and as a friend, I was heartbroken. She said Dave had been in there for about a week, but they were getting ready to discharge him to hospice care. I felt so helpless.....Dave, my dear friend, died Dec. 26th. He will be missed by so many, many people, but most of all by Ann..I guess I am writing here to ask...even though you dont know her personally, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is a wonderful lady..she is my friend...and I love her...
I may not be making a lot of sense..but I am hoping yall can understand..Thanks..

Randa

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!