So, I took my kid hunting

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

I took Maeve on a sales horse yesterday.

I knew the horse would be ok, he's hunted and he's smart, he came from a friend.

My kid is a nervous nelly. She loves her King Leo, she'll ride most anything I put her on in the ring, but outside she freezes up.

It wasn't until I literally tied her reins in a knot and made her canter Leo down the field and made her say "WHOA" to him that she finally figured out he wasn't going to run off with her...cause he's all about WHOA and doesn't need his mouth hammered on to know what it means.

Anyway, I put her up on this sales horse and promised her we could hill top, not jump anything.

By the end of the morning she was galloping around whooping it up. So much fun to see her relax. We didn't jump anything, we just hung in there behind everybody else..luckily most hunts know they get the fair weather riders on the big holidays and plan field masters accordingly.

It was a great experience for her. Now I'm going to need two hunt horses. : ) And she's all about having a Melton now, I didn't have anytihng to fit her so she hunted ina dark dark grey show coat. I know, I know. But she's a jr!

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!