Some of this mornings visitors

Marlton, NJ

Junco's are almost always first to show up.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

The House Finch are next.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Chickadees

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

The Red Bellied Woodpecker was here for a brief visit to grab a peanut.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Mrs Cardinal showed up last; hopefully the wind will calm down today and I'll be able to get some more visitors and better shots.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Pelletory: what a great crowd!
Here are a couple of my little visitors this morning, along with the envious squirrel!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

You sure get a nice variety! Your customers look like they like getting their pics taken too. hee hee! Here is one I took out my living room windows this afternoon. Most of them were pretty blurry and I think getting the windows washed will help alot too. This was the only good one out of 8 shots. :-{

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Marlton, NJ

OHHH, I'm so jealous! I haven't seen a Tufted in a long time. Great pic!!

Marlton, NJ

Deb, I love envious Squirrels! Nice pic!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Yeah. I'm quite happy to frustrate the squirrels in that particular way. ;->

Speaking of which,

Lilyfantn: I'm assuming that's a thistle bag in your picture of the titmouse? Don't the squirrels chew through it? If not, what's it made of because I have to get one.!
Thanks,

DebinSC

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm almost afraid to tell this to you'all.... I don't get many squirrels. I'm not really sure why either. I'm thinking maybe because of the neighborhood cats that run free? The lower end of my neighborhood is more wooded and I think they hang around there more. I have noticed two fo them in the yard lately but they seem to come and go and not build up in number. Yes, that is a thistle bag. I'm sure a squirrel could tear holes in it in seconds. I have had them torn into by nightime visitors which I'm thinking are racoons or possums as I often see them at night.

Now I know this isn't a feeder but I splurged on this cute little bird basin to bring back home when we were visiting up north this Christmas. (I seem to do a lot of that lol)

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm almost afraid to tell this to you'all.... I don't get many squirrels. I'm not really sure why either. I'm thinking maybe because of the neighborhood cats that run free? The lower end of my neighborhood is more wooded and I think they hang around there more. I have noticed two fo them in the yard lately but they seem to come and go and not build up in number. Yes, that is a thistle bag. I'm sure a squirrel could tear holes in it in seconds. I have had them torn into by nightime visitors which I'm thinking are racoons or possums as I often see them at night.

Now I know this isn't a feeder but I splurged on this cute little bird basin to bring back home when we were visiting up north this Christmas. (I seem to do a lot of that lol)

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Now how did thaat double post happen?! oops.

Marlton, NJ

Your very lucky not to have many squirrels; may I send 1 of my 25 your way?

Love the Birdbath!! Do you still have that cute little feeder your sister gave you?

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

I`m starting to see why yall are so envious of our wild birds over here.
But I would gladly trade you any dozen parrots for just one Squirrel.
I left Denmark when I was 9 yo.
I miss the little critters.
Great pics of Great birds,pelletory
Thank you for sharing. Kell

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I have to go look for it. It got blown down in a storm last year and I found it in the yard and put it in the garage. Stan recently went through one of his garage cleaning phases (they happen about once every 5 years lol) . Since it was kind of beat up looking I'm hoping it didn't get tossed. :( I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it!

Marlton, NJ

Thanks Kell, I'll call a shpping company tomorrw,lol.

(Zone 10b)

Wow...what a nice assortment of goodies you offer to the birds. It's funny how the birds have their own routines with some waking up and eating earlier than others. I'm also surprised by how well behaved your birds seem with everyone taking their turns. Some of the birds that visit my yard need some help in manners.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

GreenLife

Quoting:
Some of the birds that visit my yard need some help in manners.

Parrots here have no manners at all.
They will climb all over each other to get to seed.
They hang upside down and all.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Mine too greenlife, if it isn't the grackles running off the sparrows and finches, it's the hawk. I can't even seem to find any thistle seed in this town.
K-mart ran out over a month ago and hasn't gotten any in.

(Zone 10b)

lol ginger749 and betterbloom, so my neighborhood's birds aren't alone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.