TV remote control for vision-impaired person

Swainsboro, GA(Zone 8b)

Hi. I hope someone can lead me in the right direction. My mother-in-law has macular degeneration and has difficulty seeing the buttons on the remote control for her TV. She will just mash any buttons her fingers touch and gets frustrated. Sometimes her remote has to be reprogrammed afterward. We would like to get her a remote that has large buttons and is very simple to use. We live in a rural area and haven't found anything locally, so we will probably have to order online. Thus far in searching the internet, all I've found is a big button universal remote that contols multi-devices. While the buttons are large, there are too many of them, and she would end up mashing the wrong thing. She does not have a DVD or satellite or anything like that. So she just needs a very simple big button remote and one that is easy to set up. Does anyone know where to find such an item? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!