Happy New Year

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Happy new Year everyone and may your gardens grow well in 2007.

Anyone going to make a New Year's resolution?

Mine is to not plant too many annuals in one spot.
I got carried away and planted 4 petunias in this hanging basket, really I think one would have been fine as the ones I planted in the garden last year spread out in all directions. At this early stage it is needing heaps of water.

So, what resolution will you make for 2007, or did you make one last year and how did you get on with keeping it.

Thumbnail by ferrymead
Cowes, Australia

No I did not make a new years resolution but I do wish for plenty of rain.
Happy New Year to you also.
JWB

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

ferrymead

Lord Have Mercy!!! I've never seen a petunia like that before. With such lush blooms it looks like our begonias.

I wish you all a Happy & Helath New Year.

Judy

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

JWB, you are more than welcome to the rain over here!!! Had an inch fall a couple of nights ago and it rained again yesterday, will gladly swap for some of your hot weather. Hope you are not in the part of Oz that had the bush fires recently.

Judy, I checked through my plant tag filing system but no sign of the tags. They are the ruffled petal type. Anything big and blowsy takes my eye!! I have grown the usual smaller type of petunia but I do like the bigger flowers on these. Cute name for where you live, did she have any tie in with your town?

This is the purple blotched one which is planted in the garden.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.