Merry "Twistmas from Florida

(Zone 1)

Yes, we had a F2 Tornado here on Christmas Day! Did some MAJOR damage, many homes destroyed, but thank goodness no loss of life. My thoughts and prayers to all who were affected by this storm.

My husband teaches at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University here in Daytona Beach and the campus was heavily damaged .... 50 of 65 of the University's airplanes were completely destroyed as well as a maintenance hangar, which burned when an airplane was blown into the hangar and the engine started a fire. The main Admin building will be condemned because it is off it's foundation and many other buildings sustained a lot of damage as well. Thank goodness this happened when school was closed for the Holiday's .... so no one was on campus! Many homes in our area were heavily damaged also, or completely destroyed! The community has been coming together to help those who have lost their belongings and their homes, people donating their own Christmas gifts to those who lost everything! I have been calling it a "Christmas Miracle" because there was no loss of life in the storm! Here's a link to our local news video if anyone would like to see some of the footage.

http://www.wesh.com/video/10611055/index.html

Blessings,

Lin

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the link to the videos, tornados are sure scarey things.

(Zone 1)

Yeah BWV .... they are scary! Thank goodness we here in Florida don't experience them too often! The new today says there was $50-60 Million Dollars in damage to the University where my husband teaches And, many folks lost their homes and belongings in that storm, so I don't know what the Total loss county wide is .... I imagine it's quite steep!

Lin

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sad, but glad no fatalities. I talked with my sister in Kissimmee last night and she said 3 tornados had touched down north of her... Leesburg was one of the towns and I forget the other 2.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.