On Going to the Gym...

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Saw this story on SBC homepage this morning:

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/fitnessclub_1.html

Hopefully the link will continue to work. I thought it was so funny only 1 gym was mentioned, Gold's, and I had the same problems as mentioned in the article. They make it impossible to get refunds when you cancel. But finally, after I contacted 3 different BBB departments and several months later I received a refund that I was owed...I'd canceled and they'd still direct withdrawled 1 more month of membership when I caught it. The local gym I used never sent the cancelation to the headquarters and the headquarters still disputed for months and months that they would refund anything....I kept having to re-fax or email or send this to so-and-so....perhaps this article can save someone. Try using the one-day guest passes first!

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!