Amaryllis Cybister La Paz

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Here is La Paz, I am having a really hard time getting a 'good' picture of it. Can't figure out whether to use the flash or not. It is really beautiful and I would like to be able to get a good picture of it.

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

One more in the dark....LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

Beautiful, Susan. Remember to self pollinate!
Love those baby cybisters! :-)

OK, I'm a newbie here, self-polinate? that is where you use the pollen from the same flower on itself???

I have been looking at all these, there seems to be one stamen(?) that is different, just one though. The rest have pollen heads.

Am I looking at it correctly. You or someone said it was shaped like a Y. I think I have found that one. LOL

OK now, will the pollen 'fluff' up a bit more when it is ready. Right now those little pollen thingys look kind of flat. But on another flower Strypurr Lou I think, it looks like a fuzzy puffy thingy. Don't you love my technical talk?. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

If I may ask - why self pollinate?

That's it, Susan!
Sure, give it a little while to ripen. Generally, the pollen gets very loose and powdery when its ready.
Just dab it on the little "Y", write out a little string tag with cross info (if you decide to use other Amaryllis as a cross) and hang it on the flower stem.

You want to try a selfing to get more of the same type Amaryllis.
More than likely, you will.
But there are always pleasant surprises. :-)

more pics from today

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

well, obviously that wasn't from today...LOL

trying again

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

This is with the flash, too washed out

That's Asia Anne on the 'plant' stand. Not pleased with the picture taking...

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

back in the dark

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

from afar

(Will you STOP with the picture takin' already????)

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

last one for today

(OK, I am goin' back to sleep....)

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Awwwwww, sweet kitty-cat.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

sweet kitty, staying warm under the lights! Very cuddly looking...I like this type of Amaryllis too, I didn't get any of those...will have to have next year! LOL

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Mine finally opened, got mine from Jacques Amand this year. This maybe Ruby Meyer, lost the tags.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2006 7:43 PM

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

Très belle, M. Dale.

It is now putting up another stalk and starting to open those too. Whooo hoooo, I'm lovin' it...

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

A breeze blew mine over today!
Had to stake it.

Pretty, Susan.

But I miss the kitty!

R.

LOL, we had company today. She goes and hides when we have company. She a spooky girl.

Susan
=^..^=

OK, but different kitty, will he do??? This is Furrbee...

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

One more...LOL
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

Hey kitty-katty Furrbee!

He sure is taking in the La Paz in the first pic but seems taken by the photographer in the second.

When my Teaka was small, she used to sleep on my dresser underneath the bedside lamp. I had to fix her a "pallet" and rearrange everything especially. A few years ago, she suffered a broken hind leg and now has a pin in it and we thought it best that we not let her up there anymore, fearing jumping up or down so far might not be the best. She finds other special spots and favors them for a time, then picks others depending on her mood.

OOTC: Teaka isn't interested in looking at a La Paz or any other Hippis. {chuckle}

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.