Meet Rosa Parks

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

It has been a rough month all the way around for us pet lovers. Some have had sick ones and some have succumbed to long and short term illnesses.

I lost my Great Dane 2 days before Thanksgiving and still find my eys wet when I think of her, see her favorite toy or see of someone elses ailing pets.

Baby, my oldest won't be much longer for the world here. She is 14 this month, has lost her hearing and eyesight and her dysplasia and arthritis are so difficult now, I carry her up and down the porch steps for her business out. She's not paining too much though and wants to stay with me for a while longer.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to start a crying thing here. I wanted you to meet Rosa.

Which is one thing I did today. Been talking to a freecycler all week about Rosa Parks. She needs a home. Sarah had her for about 8 months, through a litter of kittens which Rosa showed up as pregnant. She found homes for the kittens, got Rosa her shots and fixed and now I have adopted her.

When Rosa showed up, she appeared in Sarah's roommates bus parked out back. Rosa didn't give her seat up for anyone, hence she was named Rosa Parks. And Rosa she shall stay. She's an indoor/outdoor cat, but for now she'll stay in my room and bathroom. I got her food, dishes and a box with litter. She's wandering around these two areas now getting used to things. Oh yes, and on my desk.

I'll be getting her acquainted with my canine and avian friends here, but most importantly, Rosa needs to find that rodent that keeps appearing in the corner of my eye.

She is the prettiest thing and has the most vivid green cats eyes. They would make marbles to try to match the beauty of her eyes.

Meet Rosa Parks:

Thumbnail by MollyMc
This thread has 78 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!